Supplement to Rotifers for larvae

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcmc1717
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mcmc1717

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
146
Reaction score
40
Location
KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a batch of Clarkii eggs that are about to hatch, I ordered rotifers right after my broodstock laid them. However, the cold weather has delayed their shipment and I am not supposed to get them until the day the eggs are expected to hatch. I need to know if copepods will work as food for the larvae since my LFS sells them.
 
I have a batch of Clarkii eggs that are about to hatch, I ordered rotifers right after my broodstock laid them. However, the cold weather has delayed their shipment and I am not supposed to get them until the day the eggs are expected to hatch. I need to know if copepods will work as food for the larvae since my LFS sells them.
Link to the copepods they have? All copepods are much better than rotifers nutritionally as well as most being more suitable overall for rearing (warmwater marine teleost) larvae. But if it is only the adults they will likely be much too big for the larvae to eat. They need to be the correct size or the larvae can't eat them, too small doesn't work and too large as well.
 
They are tiger pods
Reef Nutrition Tigger Pods? I think those are only adults. You would have to culture them seperately with phyto for a month or so before there were any small copepods in the correct size range to filter out and feed.
 
I have a batch of Clarkii eggs that are about to hatch, I ordered rotifers right after my broodstock laid them. However, the cold weather has delayed their shipment and I am not supposed to get them until the day the eggs are expected to hatch. I need to know if copepods will work as food for the larvae since my LFS sells them.

You could try Otohime A if you, but I've never had great results with using it alone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new