Supplemental LED Lighting with my 48" ATI Dimmable Sunpower

Mrlttran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Seeking some advice here. I have a 48"x24"x30"tall mixed reef tank and looking to add some led pop. If currently have the 8 bulb fixture and I am getting some decent SPS growth but want that pop and shimmer.

Was looking at the Reef Brite XHO but seems a bit pricey. Any thoughts on the Reef Breeders Lumen Bar? Seems to have about a dozen less LEDs but they are higher wattage.

Thanks!
20171012_125540.jpg

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at the same thing. I wouldn't worry about the xho, as it's not really putting out par of significance compared to your 8 bulb fixture. I would go for the lower one for pop. This is of course without seeing either. I just wanted to point out basically that you're getting some point source of lighting.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders are good and SBreeflight has some to look at too. Any will work. Get the dimmer.

The xho puts out about 5 600 par at 12 in. So it does pack a wallop.

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders are good and SBreeflight has some to look at too. Any will work. Get the dimmer.

The xho puts out about 5 600 par at 12 in. So it does pack a wallop.

^^^what they said!

What exactly is a wallop anyways, and how do you pack one? Does it need to be folded?..guess that probably depends on the size of said wallop. : P

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back