Supratect. Canada's savior med?

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

There is this new all natural medication on the market that is supposed to be a promoter of fish health but everyone is claiming it's a new med.

It's called supratect and I keep hearing good things about and it's actually allowed in Canada. With this being said I did research and I haven't been able to find anything about it. Have you guys heard or experienced this product? I know KingOfDIY has been using it and has had nothing but great results.

People even say it's fixed ich issues. I'd be happy to hear your opinions and thoughts.

Thanks!

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly rip off is also possible in the aquarium hobby industry. I have no trust in so called “medications” that are by definition not even medications and fail to supply a product monograph. That’s a thumbs down unless the manufacturer supplies evidence or ingredients.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's allowed then it probably is not effective. Legally they can't even make any claims.. I have never heard of this product before you posted but after searching apparently it smells like garlic which has been shown to cause liver damage in fish.

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly rip off is also possible in the aquarium hobby industry. I have no trust in so called “medications” that are by definition not even medications and fail to supply a product monograph. That’s a thumbs down unless the manufacturer supplies evidence or ingredients.
Yeah I understand your point. In their defense however due to them being a Canadian company I can also understand why they don't because the government banned everything

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's allowed then it probably is not effective. Legally they can't even make any claims.. I have never heard of this product before you posted but after searching apparently it smells like garlic which has been shown to cause liver damage in fish.
That's the first time ive heard that. I always hear garlic is good for fish.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I understand your point. In their defense however due to them being a Canadian company I can also understand why they don't because the government banned everything
It is illegal for medications to be in a product without authorization. If they were illegally in the drug trade, they would be liable. Let’s face it. No medications in it.
However the question is to me: if not medications then what? Would it theoretical work and what are the potential side effects?
If not your fish but you were the patient...you would not take it without further info.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So why did they approve this "medicine"? Most likely because it's not medicine at all... The Canadian government does not want you medicating your fish without a vet. You can still get prazi ect but it has to be by prescription. Really this has nothing to do with fish, they were just unfortunately lumped in with Horses and other animals.

That's the first time ive heard that. I always hear garlic is good for fish.

There have been several studies on the damaging effects of garlic on fish. Just google fish garlic liver and you will get all kinds of results. I believe some here too.

It's possible this product doesn't contain garlic but the place selling it mentions garlic being good for fish which would seem to discredit them as a reliable source of information on fish medication.

kbz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't smell like garlic at all to me

kbz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 11 neon green tetras into my tank with cardinals. The Tetras started dying 1 a day. I got some of this to try and see what would happen. One of my cardinals even developed a white spot on its side, so I was thinking some sort of bacteria or fungus came in with the fish. Next day, no white dot and the fished stopped dying off. Coincidence? Maybe. Also had a bit of an issue with cyanobacteria starting in the tank, week later, it too has now disappeared.

kbz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also sell MelaFix and PimaFix and neither one of those two do anything yet people still add that to their aquarium in place of medicine.

Noci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using this every waterchange weekly for about 2 months now. (To maintain fish health). I have a 90g, 2x 20g, 2x10g and 5x 5g. So far no negative effects at all. Not sure if it does anythin either but my fish look healthy and happy. I even have a tetra with a tumor and its been doing fine energy wize.

cosmicroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently using it to combat ich in my reef display. It appears to be working and I’ve not lost a fish yet when treating with this previously.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have acquired kanaplex. Coppersafe furan 2. General cure and prazipro nonissue. For some just make sure you order way ahead of time. Meaning ok I’m starting a new tank soon. Ok order the meds that way when you start a new qt you have them. Once again. Everything has come from either eBay or Amazon

bettaparent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our betta was dying, and we didn't know why. We used Supratect and within a few hours (literally) he was acting differently. This is day 3 (We are treating for 4 days.) and he is back to his old self. I know, without a doubt, he would have died if it had not been for this product. We are so grateful.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back