"SUPRISE UPGRADE" Waterbox 220

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I'd love to have 200# more rock and a huge skimmer I have caved and got an algea scrubber.

Fingers crossed this helps ;)
20210220_130236.jpg
yea. welcome to the dark side. :cool:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I'd love to have 200# more rock and a huge skimmer I have caved and got an algea scrubber.

Fingers crossed this helps ;)
20210220_130236.jpg
I'm considering this when I get around to upgrading

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems setting is already happening with the scrubber being on....alk consumption has doubled and top off has gotten a little more aggressive.

Really cool to see a jump in those, should see some growth over the next few days.

Trying to adjust the flow to maximize growth will be key......

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see how algae scrubber does for you. Think im going to break down and get one. Reservoirs are getting cramped and had different plans for them anyway. No way to get a red lamp and keep the light contained unless I build a fuge res and set up that way I guess. Ill see how my diy scrubber does. I'm getting staining on the screens but no algae yet.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feather Duster SPBLAMMM!!!!!

8ABB90AB-3065-47BC-9334-0EC42E2677CC.jpeg
That sir is a BA duster...Your tanks are so sick!

Can't wait to see how algae scrubber does for you. Think im going to break down and get one. Reservoirs are getting cramped and had different plans for them anyway. No way to get a red lamp and keep the light contained unless I build a fuge res and set up that way I guess. Ill see how my diy scrubber does. I'm getting staining on the screens but no algae yet.
Took me a while but happy we finally did it. We looked into other options...like stop feeding so Fing much, more frequent water changes, even contemplated stupid liquid fixes but we just couldn't do it and broke down and figured we'd give the nutrients a solid place to grow ;Hilarious :cool:

I'll update often!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Took me a while but happy we finally did it. We looked into other options...like stop feeding so Fing much, more frequent water changes, even contemplated stupid liquid fixes but we just couldn't do it and broke down and figured we'd give the nutrients a solid place to grow ;Hilarious :cool:

I'll update often!
7 years old lol.

And you will love a scrubber. They are awesome. Luckily I now build my sumps to be mostly a fuge and then equipment secondary. But I have used them though. Had one on my 90 and loved it. Feed as much as I wanted and just adjust the light cycle time to compensate.

I need to dig out my old scrubber and throw it on the frag tank/lagoon as it is starting to get more and more fish added, the fuge is full and just barely holding things where they need to be.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
7 years old lol.

And you will love a scrubber. They are awesome. Luckily I now build my sumps to be mostly a fuge and then equipment secondary. But I have used them though. Had one on my 90 and loved it. Feed as much as I wanted and just adjust the light cycle time to compensate.

I need to dig out my old scrubber and throw it on the frag tank/lagoon as it is starting to get more and more fish added, the fuge is full and just barely holding things where they need to be.
This is what I love to hear!!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll update often!
Bro think your going to be pleasantly surprised. Yours is legit with proper red lamp and controls!.
After your post I went and looked at my DIY. The one side I let run for a few hours before I glued it all up is already growing algae. Only been up and running for cpl few days:D
Incredible!
20210221_082617.jpg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said I was considering it for the future upgrade, but the more I read, the more I'm considering it now. I cut back on feeding and my fish are not pleased with me about it...

If he was capable, that lantern bass would throw hands every time he sees me. He's so angry about his involuntary diet.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bro think your going to be pleasantly surprised. Yours is legit with proper red lamp and controls!.
After your post I went and looked at my DIY. The one side I let run for a few hours before I glued it all up is already growing algae. Only been up and running for cpl few days:D
Incredible!
20210221_082617.jpg
This is VERY EXCITING to see!

That is an awesome DIY and it WORKS really well!!!

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I said I was considering it for the future upgrade, but the more I read, the more I'm considering it now. I cut back on feeding and my fish are not pleased with me about it...

If he was capable, that lantern bass would throw hands every time he sees me. He's so angry about his involuntary diet.
Come to the dark side!!!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to farm this. but it wasn't consistent. the herbivores love this stuff

ALGAE011119.jpg

then I made a small purchase of chaeto from the lfs.
apparently I was ahead of the curve on this as a few months after I see Brian from Santa Monica post up
about one of his customers growing chaeto in a SURF. I answered the post "been doing it for months."
his reply "intentionally?". ummm yea. :cool:
SURF4X BOX.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
really...i was here an hour ago..!!! got bumped caught on home:mad::rolleyes:
these are gone already:(
but...good day to take lots of pic's ,rest are settling nicely;Happy

V__43D3.jpg

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to farm this. but it wasn't consistent. the herbivores love this stuff

ALGAE011119.jpg

then I made a small purchase of chaeto from the lfs.
apparently I was ahead of the curve on this as a few months after I see Brian from Santa Monica post up
about one of his customers growing chaeto in a SURF. I answered the post "been doing it for months."
his reply "intentionally?". ummm yea. :cool:
SURF4X BOX.jpg
This is what I am talking about!!!

Thats LOVE!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back