Suprises in tank.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you love when you forget you bought something for your tank then, months later, it shows up randomly!! I know its dumb but I bought peppermint shrimp back months ago and thought they died and just seen one out feeding lol. Who else has had this happen?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tail spot blenny, when I got him and 2 other fish, I saw him the first day then he was gone. Honestly forgot about him. A few months later I saw him dart out amd back in the rocks from the side of my reef but close to the back. And I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was that I saw. Few more months go by and not seeing it again forgot about what I saw and then one day (now 6 months after I originally got him) during feeding time this little guy shoots out of the rocks to front and center eating with the rest of the crowd. At first i was like where'd this fish come from. Even questioned my my wife if she got a fish and didnt tell me(haha like that would ever happen, she dont buy anything for the tank, except that one time she came home with gsp and clove polyps) then I remembered, holy cow, its alive hah. Now a year since then he is always out, lives in a hole in the very front,top of my reef. Go figure.

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha my daughters went to my wife and said fishies flies out of ta k and she was at a loss then goes in living room and my Wyoming white clown was dead on the floor lol still wet. She just missed it.

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you love when you forget you bought something for your tank then, months later, it shows up randomly!! I know its dumb but I bought peppermint shrimp back months ago and thought they died and just seen one out feeding lol. Who else has had this happen?
Yes! I found my Watchman Goby yesterday!

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that's the worst. I had a orange monti with lime green polyps fall in rockwork and if you Bob and weave closely its fallen between rocks and gets just enough light to stay alive but I can't move rockwork :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully we have the same luck. Put our watchman in yesterday. Can’t find him today. lol
They build dens it's very possible it built a den under a rock where you may not be able to see them.

deeznutz1878812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a deep clean last weekend and recovered 3 fish that had been gone for months. 2 in sump and one in overflow. Lol

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They build dens it's very possible it built a den under a rock where you may not be able to see them.

Right after I got your message, we got a sighting!!

5771EE2F-DC63-430E-97BB-A44947E63A82.jpeg

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my black sailfin blenny disappear on me for about 3 weeks or so. I was cleaning my over flow (hand on back style) of the algae and see a black piece of rubber around the back side of the overflow so reached down to grab it out and the rubber started jumping and splashing. Lol twas my blenny. Dumped him back in display he has been gone for a month or so!!

Back