Surprising Pair?

mmusc1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Midas Blenny for several months now and he not only has completely dominated my 32AOI, which includes a damsel, in an almost dictator fashion. I was at a loss and going to donate him.

I had added a skunk cleaner shrimp about 2 months back and a couple weeks after I added him I had thought he was a goner. I did a monthly deep clean and found him alive in the filter!

After reintroducing the cleaner to the display area, it was almost love at first sight. The cleaner moved into the blennies home almost immediately. He keeps the space and the Blenny very clean! Unless the king Midas leaves the cave area to feed, they are always touching.

Too cute but is a normal pairing? Unique to them? Either way I have decided to keep king Midas. Since the pairing his behavior has calmed a bit. Not completely, he still nips, but not nearly as much of a jerk.

IMG_9328.jpeg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my midas and my cleaner shrimp were best buddies too. He was the only fish to use the cleaning station lol. Sadly my shrimp passed after 1.5 years and I haven't gotten him a replacement.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back