Surprising Pair?

mmusc1987

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2023
Messages
22
Reaction score
45
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Midas Blenny for several months now and he not only has completely dominated my 32AOI, which includes a damsel, in an almost dictator fashion. I was at a loss and going to donate him.

I had added a skunk cleaner shrimp about 2 months back and a couple weeks after I added him I had thought he was a goner. I did a monthly deep clean and found him alive in the filter!

After reintroducing the cleaner to the display area, it was almost love at first sight. The cleaner moved into the blennies home almost immediately. He keeps the space and the Blenny very clean! Unless the king Midas leaves the cave area to feed, they are always touching.

Too cute but is a normal pairing? Unique to them? Either way I have decided to keep king Midas. Since the pairing his behavior has calmed a bit. Not completely, he still nips, but not nearly as much of a jerk.

IMG_9328.jpeg
 
my midas and my cleaner shrimp were best buddies too. He was the only fish to use the cleaning station lol. Sadly my shrimp passed after 1.5 years and I haven't gotten him a replacement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new