swallowtail angel sore on side

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for help on diagnosis of sore on the side of my Swallowtail Angel. Any help would be appreciated. He is eating well and acting normal. Could this be a result of a sting from a Foxface?
angel.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm looking for help on diagnosis of sore on the side of my Swallowtail Angel. Any help would be appreciated. He is eating well and acting normal. Could this be a result of a sting from a Foxface?
angel.jpg
This is an injury either from a bite, or even prick from an urchin or similar. The circular pattern suggests a bite (clowns are suspect) and is starting to show slight infection. Keep an eye on it for healing and not getting redder and if you have Ruby Rally Pro- will work in tank or get some seachem kanaplex to have on hand in case needed.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
angel.jpg
I agree, probably an injury. How long have you had this fish though? Internal Uronema can cause lesions like this, but only on newly acquired fish….like less than 3 weeks or so in your tank.
Jay

OP
OP
Keywest99

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I've had the Swallowtail for about 4 months, all other fish in the tank are healthy. You're probably right on the bite, I do have a maroon clown that's 2 1/2 to 3". He can be domineering to a little percula clown, but the percula out-maneuvers him. He's also always slapping his tail back and forth in a Foxface's face a lot. Thank you so much for the help!!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%

Back