Love this ^^^
Congrats on the vid man.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, Congrats on the BRS win and on your new pair of Flame Wrasses! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I planned to buy a new kalk reactor, but I think I'm going to get one from Avast rather than the Aquamedic that BRS sells. I currently have a TLF kalk reactor which does the job, but its performance is on par with the price... it needs a vinegar bath every 2 months to keep it working, so it's time for an upgrade. I ended up going with some new powerheads for my frag setup instead. I have a pair of Tunze Nanostream 6045s coming in 2 days. No more Maxijets, Koralias, & Seios for me! I've never used a Tunze pump, so it'll be nice to give them a try!

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a sad day... with the little man to take care of, things like tank maintenance and sleep have taken a back seat in life. Today I came home to find my Pearlberry starting to STN. A favia was growing dangerously close and apparently decided use its sweepers to sting my colony last night. The tissue on the base is almost completely gone and a portion of the branches are in rough shape. I trimmed the affected portion off, but based of past experience, don't have the highest hopes for the colony surviving. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day and if it seems to continue, I'll be cutting a couple frags in hopes to save a portion. :cry:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a sad day... with the little man to take care of, things like tank maintenance and sleep have taken a back seat in life. Today I came home to find my Pearlberry starting to STN. A favia was growing dangerously close and apparently decided use its sweepers to sting my colony last night. The tissue on the base is almost completely gone and a portion of the branches are in rough shape. I trimmed the affected portion off, but based of past experience, don't have the highest hopes for the colony surviving. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day and if it seems to continue, I'll be cutting a couple frags in hopes to save a portion. :cry:
oh man! so sorry to hear. Pearlberry is one of my fav SPS. hope you can save a few frags to at least start out with.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By the end of the day you will be happy! I always feel great after getting back to a neglected tank, cleaning, arranging, and what not. Best of luck to you buddy!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never fun to lose a colony that's been growing for so long, sorry man. It'll fun watching grow again :)

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noooo.... Not the pearlberry! Hope you get some good frags out of it.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, so sorry to hear about the Pearlberry and hope you are able to salvage some of it.

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was able to acquire a new frag of Pearlberry to start over with, so in a year or so, I'll have my colony back...

On a more positive note, today is the day I rid myself of GSP, Anthelia, & xenia.... I dosed a couple fluke tabs this morning so in a few days I should be good to go! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more positive note, today is the day I rid myself of GSP, Anthelia, & xenia.... I dosed a couple fluke tabs this morning so in a few days I should be good to go! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Fingers crossed. Hope it works!

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! After only a couple hours, the anthelia already looks pretty ticked off an isn't fully inflated. The PE on the GSP is still decent and the xenia appears unaffected thus far. To be honest, xenia never really grew that quick in my tank, so that's the least of my concerns. If I could knock out the anthelia & GSP, but keep the xenia.... I'd be a happy man!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! After only a couple hours, the anthelia already looks pretty ticked off an isn't fully inflated. The PE on the GSP is still decent and the xenia appears unaffected thus far. To be honest, xenia never really grew that quick in my tank, so that's the least of my concerns. If I could knock out the anthelia & GSP, but keep the xenia.... I'd be a happy man!
xenias are cool. j/k.. maybe for a species tank. :)

good luck though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back