SWIMBALDDER

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers
i am having trouble alot with my fish getting swimbladder 4 days ago my copperband got it and yesterday my brown tang got it and my fishes just keep getting them i test my water and there is nothing wrong the fishes i got them from a exproter outside my country a week ago and ever since daily fishes are dying like every day i might lose 1-3 fishes and some of my fish gets swimbladders and iam honestly just freaking out and faustrating on it just alot
please guys anything could help
thankyou very much

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers
i am having trouble alot with my fish getting swimbladder 4 days ago my copperband got it and yesterday my brown tang got it and my fishes just keep getting them i test my water and there is nothing wrong the fishes i got them from a exproter outside my country a week ago and ever since daily fishes are dying like every day i might lose 1-3 fishes and some of my fish gets swimbladders and iam honestly just freaking out and faustrating on it just alot
please guys anything could help
thankyou very much
Hi,

A short video, taken under white light would be helpful in trying to diagnose what is going on here. Swim bladder disease typically is not contagious, so seeing it in multiple fish tells me something else is probably going on.

If you want to post a problem report in the fish disease forum, you can start by answering some additional background questions about your tank as described here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...sease-treatment-and-diagnosis-section.775547/

Jay Hemdal

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

A short video, taken under white light would be helpful in trying to diagnose what is going on here. Swim bladder disease typically is not contagious, so seeing it in multiple fish tells me something else is probably going on.

If you want to post a problem report in the fish disease forum, you can start by answering some additional background questions about your tank as described here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...sease-treatment-and-diagnosis-section.775547/

Jay Hemdal

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Jay Hemdal
yes but i am seeing it in my copperbands and powder tangs but they are in sperate tanks
and also my copprt band has a like pinkish purple burse on his top and his tankmates are a dog face puffer fish 2 snowflake eels was a naso tang sadly it passed away today and a black clownfish but these fish arrived exactly a week ago from a exporter outside my country idk if maybe thats the case they are just stressed or not used to living in tanks i really would love an answer

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes but i am seeing it in my copperbands and powder tangs but they are in sperate tanks
and also my copprt band has a like pinkish purple burse on his top and his tankmates are a dog face puffer fish 2 snowflake eels was a naso tang sadly it passed away today and a black clownfish but these fish arrived exactly a week ago from a exporter outside my country idk if maybe thats the case they are just stressed or not used to living in tanks i really would love an answer
Sorry - I can't tell you what the problem is based on your description. It isn't stress from being in captivity, fish adjust to that with no real problem. There is some disease issue going on here. The pink bruise on the copperband is likely Uronema, there is no effective treatment for that. Puffers and eels won't likely get that disease.

Going back to my previous post, I really need to see a short video of the fish, plus answers to the questions about your tank. I do understand the language barrier is going to make things harder here, but I'd like to try and help.

Jay

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I can't tell you what the problem is based on your description. It isn't stress from being in captivity, fish adjust to that with no real problem. There is some disease issue going on here. The pink bruise on the copperband is likely Uronema, there is no effective treatment for that. Puffers and eels won't likely get that disease.

Going back to my previous post, I really need to see a short video of the fish, plus answers to the questions about your tank. I do understand the language barrier is going to make things harder here, but I'd like to try and help.

Jay
here you go tbh if my first time resivcing fish from outside my country i usally just buy them at the store but i wanted to try somthinnew and buy from a exproter outside my country.
like when i get a new shipment for example could i just dose copper stright away to limit any future parasites, becuase i honestly dont know what causes my fish to die daily and i always kept saltwater fish for years i know the setup and the water changes and like maotly everything but what i am encountering atm is shocking i test my water there is nothing my salinity is 1.020 and like these fish are like dieing alone like from nothing and i am literally not even overstocking any tank.
i also just temp aclimated and put them in the tanks since they were in the bag for over 24 hours.
but i would really want to know what could've i dont wrong or is it just normally

Attachments

• 54DCD009-79DF-4037-A2F6-F466B9190B25.jpeg
    54DCD009-79DF-4037-A2F6-F466B9190B25.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i

Jay
cant send a video can i get your email or any way i could send you a video becuase you seem to really know more then any one i talked you and i totally appreciate it if you can help me thankyou very much

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here you go tbh if my first time resivcing fish from outside my country i usally just buy them at the store but i wanted to try somthinnew and buy from a exproter outside my country.
like when i get a new shipment for example could i just dose copper stright away to limit any future parasites, becuase i honestly dont know what causes my fish to die daily and i always kept saltwater fish for years i know the setup and the water changes and like maotly everything but what i am encountering atm is shocking i test my water there is nothing my salinity is 1.020 and like these fish are like dieing alone like from nothing and i am literally not even overstocking any tank.
i also just temp aclimated and put them in the tanks since they were in the bag for over 24 hours.
but i would really want to know what could've i dont wrong or is it just normally
I can't really see much on the copperband in the photo.

Temp acclimation is good for shipped fish (because of the ammonia issue) however, the tank the fish go into must then have the exact same salinity as the bogs do. I think you were probably ok at 1.020, but moving fish from low to high salinity is very often fatal.

I think you should find a good live fish dealer where you live and work with them. Importing fish is always risky.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back