Switched from Base to Core7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all

I have switched from the base elements to core7 maybe 1 week litle more,

Since i have changed my DKH have drop, and i'm trying to bring up the dkh but without sucess,

its normal?

regards

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We often find that there is an initial surge in uptake if the existing system in running at a lower operating pH as Core7 runs at around 8.3. Once the pH has raised and stabilised the dose will usually come back down. Also worth noting that you could just be experiencing an increase in growth and therefore an increase in consumption.

Either way increase the doses of all solutions to maintain a stable level.

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, my friends

bad luck..... today i saw that the channel of the 3B solution was off, about 5 days... i'm dosing 1, 2 and 3A only for about 5 days, and now??

The DKH dont raise 6.3, but the CA are at 440/460 and the MG 1380 i think i cant raise more the dose of liquid 1, or the others elements will raise more.

To help, tomorow i will go on hollydays for 10 days, so i cant do tests and adjust the dose.

need all your help, what i do ?

regards

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, my friends

bad luck..... today i saw that the channel of the 3B solution was off, about 5 days... i'm dosing 1, 2 and 3A only for about 5 days, and now??

The DKH dont raise 6.3, but the CA are at 440/460 and the MG 1380 i think i cant raise more the dose of liquid 1, or the others elements will raise more.

To help, tomorow i will go on hollydays for 10 days, so i cant do tests and adjust the dose.

need all your help, what i do ?

regards

Who is looking after your tank?
Can you ask them to test for you and adjust the dose?
Cancel your holiday? (Joke)

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would increase 3b to get your alk. up to over 7.0. Your other reading are fine. A 10% increase in 3b shouldn't hurt anything and when you get back you can test everything and go from there.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 6.3 don't panic and do anything silly, just clear the blockage/reset the doser what ever you need to do and continue dosing all equally.

Ideally if you had someone who could test and adjust if necessary that would be better though.

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is looking after your tank?
Can you ask them to test for you and adjust the dose?
Cancel your holiday? (Joke)

my father, it will only feed the fishes.. he dont know how to test and change the dosing,

I would increase 3b to get your alk. up to over 7.0. Your other reading are fine. A 10% increase in 3b shouldn't hurt anything and when you get back you can test everything and go from there.

Its the 3B solution that icrease the DKH?????????

At 6.3 don't panic and do anything silly, just clear the blockage/reset the doser what ever you need to do and continue dosing all equally.

Ideally if you had someone who could test and adjust if necessary that would be better though.

I will do that, but my afraid is if if at the moment i'm dosing to much, and whit the start of dosing 3B the DKH raise very fast.

At the moment im dosing 50ml of each solution. keep the 50ml or decrease because the the 3B ?

regards

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk is controlled with 3a and 3b so because 3b was off the amount of Alk being added is obviously reduced hence the drop. I wouldn't "increase" 3b as you could easily over shoot while you are away. I would just return all doses to equal which even if the dose is too high the rise would be gradual and not too quick which is not what you want while you are away.

High Alk is not as dangerous as low alk, within reason obviously.

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hii

It makes sences... i will reduce, liquid 1, 2 and 3A that i have been raising in last days to raise Alk, wrongly since the 3b was off.

at the moment dose 50ml, maybe 48ml ? 46ml?

regards

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Important to say when I start core7 I was dosing 35ml

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I my friends,

The Alk is OK finnaly. but the CA and MG have raised, i will reduce a litle the dosing.

Whicj is the botle of CA and MG ? Liquid 1 and 2 ?

thanks

regards

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is your Alk now? If they are both sitting a little high then your Alk maybe higher than you are reading.

You can reduce the Ca by reducing bottle number 2 dose, please do not adjust Mg in this way as the Mg solution also contains a lot of other important traces.

OP
OP
Broly_PT

Broly_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hii

My DKH is around 7.3

Ok i will reduce the botle 2, maybe 5% or 10% ?

regards

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back