Switches in Apex

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on figuring out what I want to do with 12 switch ports that I can control with my Apex. I have several that I plan to hook into float switches to control pumps, I'm also going to make a few diy leak detectors, and for a few I plan on having momentary switches mounted on my stand to start certain feed/maintenance modes.
When I was testing my diy breakout box it would take a little bit for the switch status to change even when I logged in through local instead of going through fusion. If I have momentary switches will I have to hold them for multiple seconds until the mode gets started or will the apex instantly see the switch change, and it was the web browser that I was using that doesn't update instantly?

Reefin Aint Easy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes unfortunately local and fusion take a bit to show your switches change, but Apex does instantly realize it and take the action that's programmed.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes unfortunately local and fusion take a bit to show your switches change, but Apex does instantly realize it and take the action that's programmed.
Ok so if I press a switch to initiate a feed cycle the apex will acknowledge the switch nearly instantly and performed the task? So I won't need to hold the switch down for 30 seconds or so?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the quick reaction to a switch if you program a light to turn on when you press the button. Just plug in a simple desk lamp on an unused output. The Apex will react within one second to turn on the light, even if the dashboard doesn’t yet show the switch status change.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the quick reaction to a switch if you program a light to turn on when you press the button. Just plug in a simple desk lamp on an unused output. The Apex will react within one second to turn on the light, even if the dashboard doesn’t yet show the switch status change.
Good suggestion, but not necessary, I trust you guys.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back