Switching to TM Synbiotic from TM Pro Reef?

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In light of the issues with TM Pro Reef salt from Turkey and the fact that it is virtually impossible to find any of the German Pro Reef salt has anyone made the this switch to TM Synbiotic? I know in terms of parameters they mix up to essentially the same levels for alk, cal, mag etc. Where the classic mixes to different levels. My LFS where I purchased Pro Reef from had a bucket of the Synbiotic and Classic available as an exchange for the Turkish Pro Reef salt. I took the Synbiotic due to the fact that the parameters are essentially the same with some additional features. I have yet to do a WC with Synbiotic as I want to get input first. From what I read on the TM site the Synbiotic is recommended for newer systems to help bring down ammonia, nitrate, and phosphate levels. My system has been running for almost two years and I have low nutrient levels currently and don’t want to get into a situation where I need to start dosing nitrates and phosphates back into the system. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has made this same switch or a different one please share your experiences and thoughts.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the switch away from TM Pro for the same reason. I didn't think about the pro-biotic salt as an option. I look at these mixes as having one more thing that could throw my system out of balance. I kept it simple and went to Red Sea blue bucket.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I made the switch away from TM Pro for the same reason. I didn't think about the pro-biotic salt as an option. I look at these mixes as having one more thing that could throw my system out of balance. I kept it simple and went to Red Sea blue bucket.
Found a new salt that is very close to my system parameters. Redsea Blue. Staying away from TM. Nvr used that salt from them. Sry

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back