OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issue with bullies. He's the only fish among 5 snails. I actually had to revive him when I got home. He was not looking good. Kept rolling over on his side and even went belly up a few times. I ran in, floated the bag, grabbed some scissors, cut the top off the bag, dumped some of the water out and put a few drops of AmQuel Plus in the bag. Then I slowly started to add some of my tank water to the bag while aerating the bag with my turkey baster. Didn't take long for him to perk back to life but I am wondering if he will be ok. After about 15-20 minutes of "resuscitation" his breathing was calm and even, no gasping. I then released him into the tank and he went right to the tunnel in my rock work, hugged up against one side and just watched me. I watched him for about 10 minutes and he was breathing nice and easy. I left the room for 10 minutes and poof, he's gone LOL. I have a screen top on so he didn't jump (I looked anyway). Would like to keep an eye on him but he has other plans. Hows that for a Noob story! Talk about stressful!

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found Him!!!! He made a burrow in the tunnel towards the front of the tank. If he decides to stay there it will be a spot where we can watch him. He came out to eat a little brine shrimp. Snails woke up to eat too!
Seems to be recuperating just fine from yesterday.

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my O.S. Goby decided to perch nice and tall so I fiddled around with my camera settings and the best my cheapy $200 camera can do at the moment is this:

SANY0105.jpg

Looks pretty happy so far. Goes in and out all day.

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. He's pretty cool. Just hangs out on his porch and looks around. I have been feeding him frozen foods (thawed in tank water of course) he gets spooked by the baster so I usually squirt some right at his front door. I think eventually he may swim out to eat as it seems each day he pokes a bit farther out but who knows. The snails sure get excited about the food and I have no doubts they are eating well LOL!

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ole' Boy came out to eat earlier. Changed some camera settings and got a nice full fin shot:wink:

SANY0129.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great fish!

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. He has claimed the entire tunnel in my rock work as his! He has been coming out a lot more lately which is nice as it lets me know he is OK.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. He has claimed the entire tunnel in my rock work as his! He has been coming out a lot more lately which is nice as it lets me know he is OK.

Very Good sign indeed .... and if you wish pls spread the word on my new book ... Link > http://www.athiel.net/nanoreefaquariumsordering.html

Thanks

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Goby thinks he is a Blenny, lol. He likes to perch on the island rock and has even dug up the sand behind it and made a sand dune to perch on. Crazy fish this one.

Also the "uglies" have arrived (in the tank, not me!). No worries yet though as I have read this is normal in a new tank (up and running for 1-1/2 months now) Might pick up a few more Nassarius snails as I only have 5 right now. But with only 1 fish at the moment I don't feel rushed to add more CUC.

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beautiful fish TW, just mind any LPS that you have in the sand, goby's tend to get them very dirty which can irritate them. If you haven't goten a turkey baster for your tank its time you pick one up so you can blow the sand off your corals and rocks which accumulate from the goby sifting (or in general). I also use it to baste the rocks during water changes to get any detritus which has settled and to feed my tank a mysid and cyclopeze concoction. All in all its probably the best $3 you can spend on your tank.

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this little maroon clown a few days ago. About an 1" long (sorry for the grainy pic, he's a quick little dude and I'm lucky I got a pic this clear lol)
SANY0155.JPG

and I got the ugliness which will hopefully get taken care of by my C.U.C. that is on the way. It has what looks like little air bubbles on the surface so I am assuming diatoms eating up the excess nutrients.
SANY0158.JPG

sorry for the small pictures. Seems anything over 100kb isn't loading for me.

Attachments

• SANY0158.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 165

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • D/C

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Both

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 20.0%