T5 bars in display. Help please!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not supposed to be doing this. I have no control over any of the buttons. I tried unplugging the outlet and plugging it back in but it didn’t change anything (the screen just turned black and then turned back on to the same thing. It’s the ATI Sunpower dimmable 48” fixture.

@ATI North America

image.jpg

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I held all 4 outer buttons for 5 seconds and released and the T5 fixture turned back to normal. (I googled how to reset it and an ATI article displayed).

I would still like to understand what this meant? Should I worry/take action? Sometimes the bulbs slightly flicker while it’s dimming to turn it’s self on/off, but other than that it’s working as expected.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the result of poor quality power. It can happen from power flickers, unplugging and replugging too quickly or cheap power strip use. Its basically a Safe Mode when the power is problematic.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the result of poor quality power. It can happen from power flickers, unplugging and replugging too quickly or cheap power strip use. Its basically a Safe Mode when the power is problematic.
One time I saw the T5 bulbs slightly flickering. The T5 is connected to the Apex. So far it’s working, but it did lose all the settings last week for some reason. I reprogrammed it and it’s remembered it, but I am worried if something is wrong.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool of you to respond to a thread that didn't mention ATI in the title.

Edit: just realized you were tagged. Still cool to help out.

I actually rarely receive emails for tags,,, but I do occasionally search for ATI which is how I found you.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually rarely receive emails for tags,,, but I do occasionally search for ATI which is how I found you.
I just unplugged both of the T5’s and put them in the regular outlet. I have 2 of the fixtures

F33B3062-340D-4A4D-B05B-24F040ADDB19.jpeg

When I unplugged the one on the right and plugged it into the outlet is saved all the settings and continued normal operation. When I did the same on the left (unplugging it for 10 seconds) the clock reset to 00:00:00 but at least the channel programming was saved.

But it makes me believe that something is genuinely wrong with the left unit.

ATI.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back