T5 hybrid

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS TV had a video that talked about this - generally speaking, T5s have better spread than single point LEDs so they recommend using the T5s as the base "fill light" for the full duration of your light sch (8hr, 10hr, 12hr, w/e). Then use your LEDs ramp up for that 4 to 5 hr of peak PAR.

I dont have T5s but do have reefbrite strips + single-point LED (ai prime) so similar concept. I still do enjoy the night time blue customizable viewing of the LEDs so my full sch is a bit shifted between the strip and LED while still maintaining the benefits of a the hybrid set up:

Run the strips from 9AM to 7PM for that fill light and providing that consist "enveloping" baseline light for the corals.

The prime LEDs ramp up from 10AM to peak 12PM to 5PM to push the PAR to 500+ to color those acros. The from 5 to 10pm a slow ramp down of the blues but fast ramp down for the whites then by 7 when the T5 shuts off the tank is ready for that prime time actinic night viewing from 7 to 10.

OP
OP
iman7045

iman7045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS TV had a video that talked about this - generally speaking, T5s have better spread than single point LEDs so they recommend using the T5s as the base "fill light" for the full duration of your light sch (8hr, 10hr, 12hr, w/e). Then use your LEDs ramp up for that 4 to 5 hr of peak PAR.

I dont have T5s but do have reefbrite strips + single-point LED (ai prime) so similar concept. I still do enjoy the night time blue customizable viewing of the LEDs so my full sch is a bit shifted between the strip and LED while still maintaining the benefits of a the hybrid set up:

Run the strips from 9AM to 7PM for that fill light and providing that consist "enveloping" baseline light for the corals.

The prime LEDs ramp up from 10AM to peak 12PM to 5PM to push the PAR to 500+ to color those acros. The from 5 to 10pm a slow ramp down of the blues but fast ramp down for the whites then by 7 when the T5 shuts off the tank is ready for that prime time actinic night viewing from 7 to 10.
Nice! Ill have to check their video out

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the AB+ schedule so my Radions are on for 8 hours. I have my T5s on for 4 hours. Should I reduce the AB+ lighting time? or just keep the T5's on for the whole 8 hours or even 10 hours?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I used the AB+ schedule so my Radions are on for 8 hours. I have my T5s on for 4 hours. Should I reduce the AB+ lighting time? or just keep the T5's on for the whole 8 hours or even 10 hours?
Up to you. I have radions on longer than t5 and they have a hour to ramp up and down using ab+

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%

Back