Takahashi’s in wall tank

Akhmadjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When making the aquascape always leave around 10-15 cm space from the glass(front, back and lateral) to be able to make the maintenance.
Regarding the aquascape height around 2/3 of the tank height.
If you want SPS, leave at least 15-20 cm space from the rock to the water surface to have space for the corals to grow.
Thanks very much

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently changed the aquascape of the new tank using Marco Rocks Coralline and absolutely loved it.
I’ll post a new thread for this tank later on
IMG_1495.jpeg
That aquascape looks great!

Jamestown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I am a new x4 user, I have 3 units over a new 5ft acropora tank I’m building. How high from the water surface do you mount your 4’s?

OP
OP
Andre_Takahashi

Andre_Takahashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I am a new x4 user, I have 3 units over a new 5ft acropora tank I’m building. How high from the water surface do you mount your 4’s?
Around 25 cm from water surface.
But it all depends on what type of coral you’ll want
If your main focus is LPS you can go higher like 40 cm.

Govertical19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed this. Starting a 240gallon sps, do you find that you run them more blue or white. Because of the actinic strip lights. Tank looks amazing. Wanna order them soon

OP
OP
Andre_Takahashi

Andre_Takahashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed this. Starting a 240gallon sps, do you find that you run them more blue or white. Because of the actinic strip lights. Tank looks amazing. Wanna order them soon
The spectrum overall is more blue than white due to the Vitamini bars, but the X4 alone pulls more to blue also than full spectrum

BR260354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone told me to take a look at Dalua today and I just started my research. Not much out there really. I watched all the tutorial videos from Dalua on their app. Looks VERY easy to use and very helpful, especially the geo-location.

Anyway, I'm doing a new build with a 49"Lx25"Wx24"D peninsula. Going for a mixed reef. I'm looking to mount on 8020 down the center. Spectrum and spread wise, would two X4's do the trick? I assume you have been happy with them.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Andre_Takahashi

Andre_Takahashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone told me to take a look at Dalua today and I just started my research. Not much out there really. I watched all the tutorial videos from Dalua on their app. Looks VERY easy to use and very helpful, especially the geo-location.

Anyway, I'm doing a new build with a 49"Lx25"Wx24"D peninsula. Going for a mixed reef. I'm looking to mount on 8020 down the center. Spectrum and spread wise, would two X4's do the trick? I assume you have been happy with them.

Thanks!
recommended area for Mixed reef for one X4 is 24”x24”x24”, so two for your tank size will do perfectly.
I would also recommend adding two Vitamini SuperActinic. They will add an awesome pop to your corals.

BR260354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recommended area for Mixed reef for one X4 is 24”x24”x24”, so two for your tank size will do perfectly.
I would also recommend adding two Vitamini SuperActinic. They will add an awesome pop to your corals.
I was down to Reefi Uno and Orphek Icon on the new build. Now adding Dalua X4 to the list to decide. I have an XR15 on the existing.

Thanks for the quick reply. Have a great weekend!

OP
OP
Andre_Takahashi

Andre_Takahashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question on your Dalua. How is the light spill?
Not much light spill on the X4s due to the 75 degrees silicon lenses. Also they do not get yellow in time like other fixtures that use acrylic lenses, so you will not loose PAR overtime.
The Vitaminis tend to spill more, because they do not use any lenses, but you will get a great coverage.

Brian-222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys!
My name is Andre Takahashi.
I wanted to share one of my tanks that completed 2 years last September.

Tank is 140 cm x 75 cm x 50 cm.
I have a very large sump so I estimate my total volume system is around 650-700 liters.

Aquascape was made with lots of Marco Rocks Premium Shelf, Foundation and a few Reef Saver.

Tank started running in September 2021
IMG_7726.jpeg

For the lights I’m using 3 Illumagic X4 and 2 Illumagic Vitamini 1200 SuperActinic.

September 2022.
IMG_3255.jpeg

I do water changes twice a month using Reeflowers Caledonia Coral Salt and daily dose Reeflowers Balling Set (4 part dosing).
Weekly I also dose Reeflowers B-Color and F-Color.
I also dose daily Colombo Coral Vits.

September 2023
IMG_9262.jpeg

IMG_9266.jpeg

Hope you like it
This tank is stunning! How many gallons is this tank? Also, how many pounds of rock did you use for your aquascape?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back