Taking the plunge into saltwater

Anthrilliel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
82
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just took the plunge and started a nano (20gal) tank. I have kept freshwater fish for a few years but I always wanted a reef tank. It seemed so daunting and complicated. I finally decided that 20 gal doesn't need to much equipment and it might be a good place to start. I am currently waiting for my fishless cycle to settle so I can add my first fish! Yes... it is a clown... :)

20201030_213302.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
WELCOME to R2R!!! Sweet little nano-scape! Thank you for sharing!
 
Welcome to R2R. You'll love the hobby. Start saving up now... you'll have the 100+ gallon bug soon! The 20g is a fun size and you'll love it.
Funny you should say that ... I Am already saving and planning....
 
Welcome to R2R!! Ive got a 20g as well, so much fun! What kind of water are you going to be using? RO/DI or tap water with water conditioner? I have to use the water conditioner option and it can lead to algae outbreaks at some points in the tank, but every tank is different. Any idea what livestock youre going to put in there? Any corals?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new