Taking the plunge

Shadowfire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After 30 years of fresh water aquariums and dreaming of doing a reef tank (cost and fear of failure kept me from trying in the past) my wife and our girlfriend gave me the green light to tackle this bucket list item as a Christmas present. I’m most of the way done with the build and have the tank cycling. I have a 55g tank with a 20g sump. I built it in the wall between my living room and my office and just for fun decided to add a sink and bar. Just need to finish the trim and paint and install my controller this week. I’m looking forward to adding fish and coral in another month or so.

988A6CBE-CC09-4E47-B34A-1D5862D6B56A.jpeg

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After 30 years of fresh water aquariums and dreaming of doing a reef tank (cost and fear of failure kept me from trying in the past) my wife and our girlfriend gave me the green light to tackle this bucket list item as a Christmas present. I’m most of the way done with the build and have the tank cycling. I have a 55g tank with a 20g sump. I built it in the wall between my living room and my office and just for fun decided to add a sink and bar. Just need to finish the trim and paint and install my controller this week. I’m looking forward to adding fish and coral in another month or so.

988A6CBE-CC09-4E47-B34A-1D5862D6B56A.jpeg
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back