Tang aggression towards new gobies

J.Orchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I recently bought two little green clown gobies and added them to my tank.
My young Tomini Tang who is normally super chilled and gets on with everyone is trying to hunt these new little gobies down. They’re good at hiding but I fear he’ll eventually catch and kill them. Would you recommend me isolating the tang for a while? I’ve started to use the mirror method to keep him occupied but I don’t want to stress him out too much.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all!

I recently bought two little green clown gobies and added them to my tank.
My young Tomini Tang who is normally super chilled and gets on with everyone is trying to hunt these new little gobies down. They’re good at hiding but I fear he’ll eventually catch and kill them. Would you recommend me isolating the tang for a while? I’ve started to use the mirror method to keep him occupied but I don’t want to stress him out too much.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
He won’t get too stressed out from the mirror trick. A couple of days and he’ll be all good to go. Clown gobies are tough little squirrelly guys, they’re going to be just fine. My little one lives with a PBT. He thinks he’s a giant.

OP
OP
J

J.Orchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He won’t get too stressed out from the mirror trick. A couple of days and he’ll be all good to go. Clown gobies are tough little squirrelly guys, they’re going to be just fine. My little one lives with a PBT. He thinks he’s a giantThat’s good to know, I love these new little guys.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back