Tang Aggression

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have indeed read the big post about tang aggression and plan to change my rockwork and use the mirror, but in short, I had a established yellow tang in my 125 6ft long tank and added a pbt a bit smaller than it. I also have a little baby hippo about the size of a quarter in there, but I don’t think the yellow knows he exists. The yellow has been fighting the pbt for the last week (and losing) so I put the mirror in first. The yellow did not care for his own reflection but the pbt hates itself, so he’s going at the mirror. I plan to change the rockwork tomorrow, but is there anything else I can do? I don’t know if adding more tangs is a great idea, but I probably will have enough hiding space after adding in more rocks for hiding. Just wanted some advice. I removed the mirror and they aren’t really going at it anymore but would it be wise whatsoever to just keep it there for a week longer? Thanks all.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a PBT in my 125. Killed a fish. Removed it. Nasty fish, probably should remove it before it kills your yellow.

Im upgrading to a 300 gallon, 8 feet. I wont be putting a powder blue in there if that tells you anything either. Sorry theres just no tricks with this fish, I tried all of them with mine.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back