Tang - bacterial infection?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added in the kanaplex this morning, could that have upset his appetite? I'll add a bit more copper this afternoon it's at .25-.3ish now. I'll get it up to .35-.4.

Antibiotics can suppress appetite, yes. So can copper. Combine them, and its double trouble. o_O

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, he was in trouble. An hour or so after my last post he started swimming weird, kind of bobbing up and down on the bottom. Not long after I found him laying on his side :/ I tried to get him into a dip/bath but it was too late. He didn't make it through the dip.

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was in rough shape when we got him, add in the possible velvet infestation and it was just too much. Note to self, make sure husband never buys fish without me again [emoji849][emoji12]

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was in rough shape when we got him, add in the possible velvet infestation and it was just too much. Note to self, make sure husband never buys fish without me again [emoji849][emoji12]

My wife gets mad when I buy sick fish without her, because she likes to photograph them at the LFS.

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife gets mad when I buy sick fish without her, because she likes to photograph them at the LFS.

Well if you had gotten him instead of me, he probably would have made it. I'm kicking myself for not recognizing the breathing for what it was sooner.

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you had gotten him instead of me, he probably would have made it. I'm kicking myself for not recognizing the breathing for what it was sooner.
At least you give it a good try.. I am proud of you.. it's hard guessing at things when your saving a fish.. and sad.. but he would have been worse if you would have left him. So hold your head up!! You can only do so much with not knowing

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't beat yourself up, even I don't save them all. And MANY fish had to die in order for me to gain the knowledge I currently possess.

"There is no victory without sacrifice"

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back