JessenD

JessenD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like my Fowleri tang…

1F08A3C2-A9E7-4905-BA91-C880FD168D30.jpeg
Under the blues It does, it’s actually almost white in color and kinda mimics the tank light.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll second the Thompson’s guess. Apparently the white tail is regional. My LFS brought one in and when I first saw it I thought it was a bristletooth but as someone said it has a acanthurus face.

OP
OP
JessenD

JessenD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll second the Thompson’s guess. Apparently the white tail is regional. My LFS brought one in and when I first saw it I thought it was a bristletooth but as someone said it has a acanthurus face.
Did you see the white light pics? It looks a lot different and might change your mind.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I was thinking it lacked the blue arc behind gill like most fowleri. Didn't have Yellow around the eye like dussumieri. Didn't have features of other ones either. The only thing that really stood out to me was the slight dark spot behind gills. There is only 40 acanthurus sp. out of the 40 I was thinking 5 of them maybe.

OP
OP
JessenD

JessenD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I was thinking it lacked the blue arc behind gill like most fowleri. Didn't have Yellow around the eye like dussumieri. Didn't have features of other ones either. The only thing that really stood out to me was the slight dark spot behind gills. There is only 40 acanthurus sp. out of the 40 I was thinking 5 of them maybe.
At first I was hesitant because the mature are so colorful. Thanks again for all of the help.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back