Tang ID and info. HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter JessenD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Kinda looks like my Fowleri tang…

1F08A3C2-A9E7-4905-BA91-C880FD168D30.jpeg
Under the blues It does, it’s actually almost white in color and kinda mimics the tank light.
 
I’ll second the Thompson’s guess. Apparently the white tail is regional. My LFS brought one in and when I first saw it I thought it was a bristletooth but as someone said it has a acanthurus face.
 
I’ll second the Thompson’s guess. Apparently the white tail is regional. My LFS brought one in and when I first saw it I thought it was a bristletooth but as someone said it has a acanthurus face.
Did you see the white light pics? It looks a lot different and might change your mind.
 
I didn’t. If it’s really that light colored I retract the suggestion.

I got nothin’
lol I’m right there with you, someone suggested a Fowleri’s tang.
 
Possibly a A. bariene I see some juvenile pics that are really close too.
 

Attachments

  • 2142243A-AF8F-4A86-9D00-0534492CB5AA.jpeg
    2142243A-AF8F-4A86-9D00-0534492CB5AA.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 76
Yea I was thinking it lacked the blue arc behind gill like most fowleri. Didn't have Yellow around the eye like dussumieri. Didn't have features of other ones either. The only thing that really stood out to me was the slight dark spot behind gills. There is only 40 acanthurus sp. out of the 40 I was thinking 5 of them maybe.
 
Yea I was thinking it lacked the blue arc behind gill like most fowleri. Didn't have Yellow around the eye like dussumieri. Didn't have features of other ones either. The only thing that really stood out to me was the slight dark spot behind gills. There is only 40 acanthurus sp. out of the 40 I was thinking 5 of them maybe.
At first I was hesitant because the mature are so colorful. Thanks again for all of the help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new