Tang ID?

kaylshouse15

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2019
Messages
133
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hiya, looking for someone to ID this fish, was told it was a white tip surgon but I'm not so sure ?

20191027_175002.jpg IMG-20191030-WA0003.jpg
 
here's a video which might be better, looking for an Id
 

Attachments

  • YouCut_20191030_191619307.mp4
    72 MB
I'm not 100%, especially if it's still a juvenile, it it does look a lot like a bariene tang (Acanthurus bariene) I had a couple years ago and lost to ich/brooklynella/velvet, along with every other fish except a Melanurus wrasse. Adults are rather striking.
 
What size tank is that?
I'm not 100%, especially if it's still a juvenile, it it does look a lot like a bariene tang (Acanthurus bariene) I had a couple years ago and lost to ich/brooklynella/velvet, along with every other fish except a Melanurus wrasse. Adults are rather striking.

If so, I hope he has a BIG tank!
 
Agree it looks like a bariene tang but sometimes it's hard to tell them from juvinile fowler or dussumieri tangs. I think it's the former (not watched the video) but they are all nice tangs that grow large.
 
Looks like dussumieri tang(eye stripped tang) to me.
 
I have figured it out to be a acanthurus blochii
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new