OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your PBT appears to be acting aggressively/posturing/intimidating the archilles in your vid.
Yeah, I noticed that since I took the Purple Tang out. I think he is trying to take the place of the boss since the Purple was gone. I took the Achilles back out though and put the Purple back and hopefully it will restore order in their world.

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your help and advice. If I would not have separated the Achilles and Purple I believe I would have had a dead Achilles. Even though it didn't work out as I hoped it would, at least I don't have a dead fish and I will be able to get credit for it when I get it back in good health.

@Brian1f1 I did do my research before purchasing all my fish and I realized that the Achilles and PBT were in the same family and not recommended to be in the same tank. I did watch them closely and never noticed any aggression beyond the fins flared and a few tail slaps when they were first introduced, but that all stopped within the first few days. I fully expected to have problems with the PBT, but never expected the Purple to be the cause of aggression towards the Achilles so I understand why you were trying to tell me that the PBT was a problem, but honestly he was not. I just wanted to throw that out there because I was not ignoring your comments on it, it just wasn't true in this case.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back