Tang problem, here we go again

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he's still not eating. My last one did the same thing. Not sure if it was the disease or copper. I'm contemplating just putting him in the tank in a few days. I mean, unless he's just going to die, I don't see disease. None of them are flashing or rubbing. He seemed completely normal before the cupramine. I'm going to pick up some coppersafe today. I hear it's a little less harsh. Thought?

Finish out the prazi first. You just went through this whole big ordeal to get your tank clean and parasite free! Please dont take the chance. At a minimum do a fresh water dip and see if the flukes are present.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know. You're right. I did add a second round of prazi. I'll let that finish up and take it from there. I do not feel comfortable doing a FW dip. Every time I do, fish die.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know. You're right. I did add a second round of prazi. I'll let that finish up and take it from there. I do not feel comfortable doing a FW dip. Every time I do, fish die.

Oh good. I didn't want to watch you go through all that just to take a risk like this at the finish line ya know? I get it with the dips, they make me really nervous too. Don't know why, they just do. :D

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rather you kill this fish than infect a DT. It's a hard way to look at things but in the end unfortunately it's often the best approach. Let's put it this way - putting him in the DT won't save him, it will further stress a stressed fish and will likely kill it. AND your tank will likely have ich or you risk other parasites. It's just not worth it.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rather you kill this fish than infect a DT. It's a hard way to look at things but in the end unfortunately it's often the best approach. Let's put it this way - putting him in the DT won't save him, it will further stress a stressed fish and will likely kill it. AND your tank will likely have ich or you risk other parasites. It's just not worth it.
I bought some coppersafe, should I dose with the Prazi I already dosed? I know it's probably stupid, but I'd like to do anything I can.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though there might be residual cupramine left over in the tank? Also, how do I increase gas exchange?

Add an air stone and run it full blast. Or point a PH towards the surface of the water. Anything to add more available O2. Combining meds typically depletes oxygen.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a powerhead pointed at the service already. It's the coppersafe and cupramine going to be ok?

You can't mix them together, if that's what you mean. You have to use one or the other.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mo, I Meant I Dosed Cupramine Already, but Started Did A 30 Gallon Water Change And Ran Carbon For A day already. I only dosed 4ml

Did you test with a Seachem or Salifert copper test kit to ensure no detectable traces of copper were still present? Just want to be sure about this before you go adding Coppersafe. ;)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you test with a Seachem or Salifert copper test kit to ensure no detectable traces of copper were still present? Just want to be sure about this before you go adding Coppersafe. ;)
X2.

I would not mix products. 80-90% water change should be close enough, hopefully.

I have used copper safe in the past but I've had fewer issues of sensitivity with cupramine.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very odd behavior. He's only coming out when im not around and I just saw him let the cleaner wrasse clean him.However, he's still not eating and still has rapid breathing. Maybe I'm being paranoid, I don't know.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very odd behavior. He's only coming out when im not around and I just saw him let the cleaner wrasse clean him.However, he's still not eating and still has rapid breathing. Maybe I'm being paranoid, I don't know.

Also,I shouldn't do any water changes for 72 hours after the prazi, right?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,I shouldn't do any water changes for 72 hours after the prazi, right?

Prazipro only needs 24 hrs to work it's magic, so you can resume doing WCs after that. It just lasts in the water for up to 72 hrs.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro only needs 24 hrs to work it's magic, so you can resume doing WCs after that. It just lasts in the water for up to 72 hrs.
I see. Let me ask you, have you ever seen a fish with this kind of behavior? Stops eating and breaths rapidly but seems fine otherwise? He's out more njw then the latest two days, but still breathing funnt.

Back