Tang quarantine

Saltwater_hobbiest

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2025
Messages
107
Reaction score
19
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a powder blue, purple and yellow tang but I need help with QT. If I get all three fish and put them in a QT can I just observe them for a month and then put them in my main display?
 
What size tank do you have and what size QT tank do you have? What other fish are you putting them in with ?

May need to be prepared with some dividers in the QT tank and also have a mirror handy if there is aggression in qt or the main tank.
 
The chances of 3 Tangs all being disease free in a Community QT is very low, so Standard QT Protocol is in order here. Also, with 3 in one Tank, they will need room and plenty of hiding spots. I would not attempt this with anything less than a 40 Gallon Breeder.
@Jay Hemdal
 
I want to get a powder blue, purple and yellow tang but I need help with QT. If I get all three fish and put them in a QT can I just observe them for a month and then put them in my main display?

Edit: sorry for the repost!

With three tangs, especially from different vendors, and especially with a powder blue, I would say that the chance of an external protozoan infection is VERY high, and I would opt for a proactive quarantine process versus a simple observation process:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/current-quarantine-protocol.825055/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new