Status
Not open for further replies.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My happy tang gang, happily posing for the camera!
IMG_4365.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My happy tang gang, happily posing for the camera!
IMG_4365.jpeg
can't post that the tang police will be all over you look what happened to me for asking a simple question lol

and that's for just a question

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason we were ‘all over’ you was because you showed ignorance in wanting the answer you want not taking advice from us.

But again, it’s your money so so what you want and then the issues we point out will more than likely occur.

This is a nice tank which shows healthy fish that aren’t wanting to stay on one side of the tank all day just for ‘food’.
I’m sure that you are going to eventually rehome them when you see the stressing signs.
Thanks - I had them when they were babies and they all eat like pigs! They grazed on algae all day actually. I think my yellow tang is prb 10+ years old now, paid $35 for him. Isn’t that crazy that my LFS is selling one slightly smaller than mine for $500?!$$@. I honestly don’t care much about fish - these tangs are utilitarian and serve several purposes: algae control, fertilizer for corals, and provide some movement to such a sterile tank! My tank is full of SPS and echinophyllia corals — it can be very “boring”…

I do know that tangs can get pretty big. I actually wanted those vlamingii tangs but my main tank is only a 3’ cube. I had a 6’ tank prior (Oceanic 175g bowfront — been sitting dry in my garage). I’m looking to get a massive tank but it’s still a dream atm - can’t get past my wife in terms of cost and location. There will be major construction to our home for the new tank hence that’s holding me back.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what fish have been in my tank for 4-5 years? hvnt even had a tank 4-5 years lol again utter nonsense from you which proves you have no clue what u r talking about

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tankkk.png

when i bought my tank took a month r 2 to set it up so 2 years i have had my tank but thanks for trying

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Removed some comments. Please keep comments from getting personal and abide by the TOS. Thanks.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed some comments. Please keep comments from getting personal and abide by the TOS. Thanks.
happens all the time when some 1 brings up a simple question about tangs its pathetic . . .

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
happens all the time when some 1 brings up a simple question about tangs its pathetic . . .
Report the violations as you see them and we will review them and remove what doesn’t line up with our terms of service. Thank you.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s mainly because people fall into the traps of arguments over them. Exactly like we did, then it comes full circle.
If you want the tang and don’t think it’ll go downhill I’d say go for it but consider both consequences and positives to it :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do i add them in the tank or stick them on the outside of the tank also would printed pictures work too?
IME, pictures of the fish work with dispersing aggression - I’ve used it for wrasses but I only have one tang and don’t really like many others out there so I don’t know how they’d work for a tang but assume it would work a similar way.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s mainly because people fall into the traps of arguments over them. Exactly like we did, then it comes full circle.
If you want the tang and don’t think it’ll go downhill I’d say go for it but consider both consequences and positives to it :)
No i don't think it will go downhill do i agree the powder blue needs a bigger tank yes i do she constantly does laps of the tank am i working on it? yes i am but do i think she is stressed no i have had this fish for 2 years now and if these fish get stressed they go downhill real fast if you do a quick google search you will see people struggle to keep these fish for even a couple of months i think i am doing a pretty good job with her if you think you could do better prove it go get 1 see how long you can keep 1 alive and show no aggression what so ever

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
baring in mind i have ich in my tank both tangs have had it once the ich came from my goldflake or rubre got them both at the same time EVERY 1 says powder blues are impossible to keep in a system with ich so i must be doing something right, right?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i don't think it will go downhill do i agree the powder blue needs a bigger tank yes i do she constantly does laps of the tank am i working on it? yes i am but do i think she is stressed no i have had this fish for 2 years now and if these fish get stressed they go downhill real fast if you do a quick google search you will see people struggle to keep these fish for even a couple of months i think i am doing a pretty good job with her if you think you could do better prove it go get 1 see how long you can keep 1 alive and show no aggression what so ever
I never intended to sound like you were doing a bad job - I think you’re doing great with those tangs being peaceful in a 4’. Honestly, even if I tried to prove a point I wouldn’t get one of these, in my eyes they’re just a blue aggressive fish.

baring in mind i have ich in my tank both tangs have had it once the ich came from my goldflake or rubre got them both at the same time EVERY 1 says powder blues are impossible to keep in a system with ich so i must be doing something right, right?
I too have my fish in a system with ich and they thrive. There’s many ways to work this hobby and not just one :)
I keep my fish well fed and they stay fat and healthy and don’t stress as they have everything they need. And I’m sure this is how you’re keeping your fish healthy.

What ill say is it’s better to get the 5’ tank up earlier so you can add all the fish to a new tank instead of add a tang to a pair of tangs that are around 2 years old in the tank.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never intended to sound like you were doing a bad job - I think you’re doing great with those tangs being peaceful in a 4’. Honestly, even if I tried to prove a point I wouldn’t get one of these, in my eyes they’re just a blue aggressive fish.

I too have my fish in a system with ich and they thrive. There’s many ways to work this hobby and not just one :)
I keep my fish well fed and they stay fat and healthy and don’t stress as they have everything they need. And I’m sure this is how you’re keeping your fish healthy.

What ill say is it’s better to get the 5’ tank up earlier so you can add all the fish to a new tank instead of add a tang to a pair of tangs that are around 2 years old in the tank.
the tank is going to be custom built wont be ready for awhile not buying the trash mass produced tanks anymore the tank will have 10 year garuntee

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is going to be custom built wont be ready for awhile not buying the trash mass produced tanks anymore the tank will have 10 year garuntee
I assume you’re going the same length? I’d try get the 30” height if you can (Although I’m aware your floor may not support it).

Custom built is a great way to go and assuming it’ll be maybe a few months you could get the tang and wrasse if you want.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you’re going the same length? I’d try get the 30” height if you can (Although I’m aware your floor may not support it).

Custom built is a great way to go and assuming it’ll be maybe a few months you could get the tang and wrasse if you want.
i'm not getting the tang till i get the 5 footer getting the wrasse though

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Report the violations as you see them and we will review them and remove what doesn’t line up with our terms of service. Thank you.
isnt it funny how i asked a question "should i add a gem tang aswell as a black to disperse aggression" and litrally 4 pages and not 1 person answered the original question that was asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back