OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting read as most tang/tank threads are. Looks like the overwhelming consensus to the OP question is don't do it and get at least a 6' tank for your existing tangs. Not sure why the OP continues to debate and argue the issue.

OP, to each their own. You can make your own adult decision concerning your tank and fish but really makes no sense trying to continue with arguing your view hoping to get some sort of validation before you opt to add fish.

It's only fish right? And money is only money? It's strange when people start a thread asking for advice and much more experienced reefers provide their input but the poster doesn't like the answers he or she received so they argue their point hoping to find someone to fully support them thus justifying their original plan. Why even post a thread if your mindset is already made? To bad are fish can't talk to add to the debate but their actions in the tank speak volumes if you are paying attention to them.
i notice you don't have a build thread you scared of something?

show ur tank lets see it

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting read as most tang/tank threads are. Looks like the overwhelming consensus to the OP question is don't do it and get at least a 6' tank for your existing tangs. Not sure why the OP continues to debate and argue the issue.

OP, to each their own. You can make your own adult decision concerning your tank and fish but really makes no sense trying to continue with arguing your view hoping to get some sort of validation before you opt to add fish.

It's only fish right? And money is only money? It's strange when people start a thread asking for advice and much more experienced reefers provide their input but the poster doesn't like the answers he or she received so they argue their point hoping to find someone to fully support them thus justifying their original plan. Why even post a thread if your mindset is already made? To bad are fish can't talk to add to the debate but their actions in the tank speak volumes if you are paying attention to them.
i was not asking for permission to add a black tang i AM adding 1 i don't really care what peoples opinions are on that i was asking if i should add a gem along side the black to spread aggression was a good idea @i cant think has just answered that question on other post and few other people give good ideas i don't need ur approval or anyone elses for that matter

Last edited by a moderator:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do i add them in the tank or stick them on the outside of the tank also would printed pictures work too?
These have a thin fishing line that you tie them to the rocks so they look like real fish in the flow

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have a thin fishing line that you tie them to the rocks so they look like real fish in the flow
Got mine on Amazon for pretty cheep. I ordered yellow tang ones since thats what I was adding and they sent me purple… but it still worked so I dont think you need to focus too much on finding the right fish you are adding its more the shape I think

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was not asking for permission to add a black tang i AM adding 1 i don't really care what peoples opinions are on that i was asking if i should add a gem along side the black to spread aggression was a good idea @i cant think has just answered that question on other post and few other people give good ideas i don't need ur approval or anyone elses for that matter
Thanks for reinforcing my previous statement. You are obviously an expert in reef aquaria as evident by your thread history of posts. I'm sure everything will work out fine for you.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i notice you don't have a build thread you scared of something?

show ur tank lets see it
My tank is 2 years old. Took this pic this morning for you unfortunately I do not have shamu swimming in the reef like you do but my fish friends are doing very well.

Attachments

• 20230623_104817.jpg
    20230623_104817.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 2 years old. Took this pic this morning for you unfortunately I do not have shamu swimming in the reef like you do but my fish friends are doing very well.
ah small tank have you ever had a tang curious?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah small tank have you ever had a tang curious?
Yes only 3'. I tried a small bristletooth tooth early on on the advice of a well know fish vendor here. It was obvious from the start the fish was stressed with the confined space of 65g. Lasted 3 weeks in the tank. There have been a few other small fish I tried to introduce to the reef also but the current residents did not allow them into the neighborhood so they were returned to the LFS also.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes only 3'. I tried a small bristletooth tooth early on on the advice of a well know fish vendor here. It was obvious from the start the fish was stressed with the confined space of 65g. Lasted 3 weeks in the tank. There have been a few other small fish I tried to introduce to the reef also but the current residents did not allow them into the neighborhood so they were returned to the LFS also.
so you owned a tang for a little while and claim to be the guru of tangs?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also not looking to tick you off on here just asking that you consider the animals well being over and above your own vision for your tank. There are radicals in government that are trying to curtail our hobby and limit our ability to get fish and coral. We don't want to empower them by showing that we do not put the animals well being first and foremost.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you owned a tang for a little while and claim to be the guru of tangs.
You have a 90g tank which is 70g with rock. I consider this a medium size tank only slightly larger then my tank. Do you ever wonder why you are having so many struggles in this hobby?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am shocked at the direction this thread has taken. We have to accept the good and bad comments and even what is disagreeable amongst ourselves Afterall a forum is a site or location where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged respectfully and without argument.
We all need to take a deep breath and revisit our quotes and end this peacefully. There is a lot of hate in this world, lets not bring it onto R2R. We often cant teach another person how to think but offer suggestions.
Having had many tangs in a 135g previously, I may be the crazy one here but again, we all got into this hobby and are all crazy yet Happy.
Its Friday- Lets think weekend and an upcoming Holiday weekend forthcoming. We are more blessed than realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back