Tang

red02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know what type of tang this is I was told it was a palani tang thanks

IMG_1428.PNG

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know what type of tang this is I was told it was a palani tang thanks

IMG_1428.PNG
Acanthurus Thompsoni, or Thompson’s Surgeonfish (Tang). They grow to about a foot long and are quite mild-tempered for an acanthurus tang.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily knows them for sure! I'm just excited to have my newest addition, Mustard tang. I may be able to say I've kept a fish that Jason hasn't, once he is through QT! By the way I'm playing @4FordFamily and I are good buddies and live less than 5 min from eachother! We speak daily and laugh off the frustrating parts of this hobby together! Happy Reefing!

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily knows them for sure! I'm just excited to have my newest addition, Mustard tang. I may be able to say I've kept a fish that Jason hasn't, once he is through QT! By the way I'm playing @4FordFamily and I are good buddies and live less than 5 min from eachother! We speak daily and laugh off the frustrating parts of this hobby together! Happy Reefing!
Haha yep, you will! Go get a gem tang and I’ll be jealous! :)

OP
OP
red02

red02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bummed out now that I know what it's going to look like nothing like the lfs told me.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the Thompsons... Sometimes they get to be a nice solid dark blue...

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will he get along with my powder blue does anyone know

What size tank? Any other tangs in the tank currently? If your answers are less than 180 gallon and no, I wouldn't advise it. Powder blues can be real jerks.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 180 no other tangs
Powder blue is likely to beat the snot out of it as the only two tangs, being from the same family, and on polar opposite ends of acanthurus tang temperament.

On the other hand, with a social acclimation box it could work out just fine. It’s always a gamble!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may try to add a 3rd, like a peacekeeper. Desjardini settled my super nasty powder brown tang right down. He is 5"+, and keeps everyone in check. I have a couple Acanthurus tangs in QT now, so could get much more interesting once they go into display. (Fully expect desjardini to keep the peace again, I hope). This was a recommendation of @4FordFamily. Dude knows his tangs and how to integrate them very well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back