Tank birthday, 47+ years

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EBF9B716-4C16-4E7E-9768-3011B62239D4.jpeg

this is now the second tube like feeder, I have made because of you dude. Lol last one I built 2 years ago is being used to feed my mandarin. Thanks again brother!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, what is that for? Catching bristle worms or making clam chowder? ;Bored

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but that knife reminds me of my old Chicago Cutlery Walnut set from back before they moved production to China and automated the manufacturing.
They moved them to China to make them cheaper. No other reason.

I invented the 'Majano Wand' years ago and got a patent for it. Since then I have been getting all sort of requests from China and India to build the thing there. I will stop production if I have to do that as I would rather have nothing than have it made anywhere besides the US.

China and India make fine products and I feel the people there should support their citizens, just like I feel it is un American to buy something foreign "If you can get it here". Or where ever you live.

I don't own the business or sell anything. I am just the inventor but I gave the company away. I just get royalties and have nothing to do with the business.

Some of the parts are made in India and China just because they don't build power supplies here no matter how much you want to pay which breaks my heart. I think it has to do with (besides money) PCBs which we don't want here.

I spent a year searching out US factories that could build the thing. But couldn't find one that could get all the parts here.

Luckily, the thing is assembled in Florida in a factory that makes heart valves.

Anyway, we are having my wife's friend over for dinner and my clam chowder is made and this morning at 5:00 am I made tapioca pudding for desert. The kind you have to soak overnight and stir for half an hour while you are cooking it. I don't do instant.

Now I have to make the whipped cream.

Today I will grill the eggplants. I hate eggplants and will only eat the ones I cook because Islice them paper thin on a machine. Then grill each one on a bar be cue one at a time until they are almost burnt, like potato chips.

I blend garlic, a bunch of spices, and I make a balsamic vinegar reduction to which I add a lot of Very good olive oil. Not the stuff from Walmart.

i 'paint" each piece as I remove it from the grill and it soaks in. This stuff is fantastic but time consuming to make.
It's worth it especially if you love to cook as I do. ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you leave now, you can make it. Bring some wine, not the cheap stuff. :)

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first post on this forum was in 2011:

In 14 months my reef will be 50 years old. I wonder if in another 10 years I will still be on here saying it is 60 years old. :cool:

Probably not, as I am already a Geezer and in 10 years I will be a Super Geezer. ;Smuggrin

But I will probably be drooling in a nursing home being cared for by retired Supermodel Geezer Babes ;Clown

That actually may not be too bad. :p

Of course since I don't quarantine, my tank is a time bomb and I think that is at the edge of time for a time bomb and it definitely will crash by then, especially from those parasites that can fly 10'.

I know my ich magnet hipo tang will never be able to live that long. :rolleyes:
Our tanks are doomed, doomed I tell you Paul. Only thing surprising is it's taken so long for them to wipeout and cause some incurable diseases that will wipeout mankind apart from super models who are immune due to all the silicone implants and botox, they also make them float.
Am sitting here now in my living room watching my clowns spawn and other fish quietly go about their business terrified at any minute some awful diseases is about to break out and kill everything in the tank or worse still a kamikaze plane will crash through the roof and into my tank which come to think of it is more likely.
Anybody got any ak ak guns going cheaply they can send me failing that I will settle for 2 super models.
Thanks in anticipation.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right. No matter which LFS I go to and buy fish with the most horrible disease I can find, I still can't get my fish to become infected. I am 100% positive I am doing something wrong.

I look at the disease forum in horror. People buy a perfectly healthy, happy fish that was just swimming around in the seas minding it's own business, perhaps looking up occasionally as it is humming Doo, da Doo, or Yellow Submarine, then before they know it they get dipped, treated with copper, Prizapro and God knows what.

Then after 72 days the fish gets spots, bloating, rash, constipated or the heartbreak of psoriasis and that elicits more and more powerful medications which really depresses the poor creature because he and everyone else knows he is doomed to croak. :oops:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this theory Paul which sounds so nuts I have been afraid to talk about it in public. I put my head under the blankets and whisper it in case my wife hears me and has me sectioned...again.
However, be published and be dammed, so here it is.
You have to be nuts for your none QT fish to survive not being ermm QTd. Thats the only reasonably acceptable for it. Our feeding of the foods we feed has been rubbished by the experts so that puts an end to that argument. Perhaps we are lucky. The experts don't dare suggest that fir some reason. Our filtration won't remove any disease the experts know of so we can rule that out as well. The experts seem at a loss as to why our tanks don't crash under the weight of parasites and diseases.
So what's left? Obvious now isn't it, those of us who don't QT MUST be nuts, simple and logical. So if anybody is reading this is thinking of not poisoning their fish and abandoning QTing then be sure to get a reefing god shrink to certify you as nuts and you will have no more problems with parasites or diseases after all what self respecting parasite would want to infect the fish in a nutters tank.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added this midas today, I acclimate in the bag with a measuring cup and then let it swim into the tank and dumped all my diluted lfs shop water in with it, still no disease, I hate to fail at stuff!

DSC_0077 (1024x628).jpg

Did the same thing last night with a Solon Fairy Wrasse. Doomed, I tell you. We're all doomed!

james Shawn bleacher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this theory Paul which sounds so nuts I have been afraid to talk about it in public. I put my head under the blankets and whisper it in case my wife hears me and has me sectioned...again.
However, be published and be dammed, so here it is.
You have to be nuts for your none QT fish to survive not being ermm QTd. Thats the only reasonably acceptable for it. Our feeding of the foods we feed has been rubbished by the experts so that puts an end to that argument. Perhaps we are lucky. The experts don't dare suggest that fir some reason. Our filtration won't remove any disease the experts know of so we can rule that out as well. The experts seem at a loss as to why our tanks don't crash under the weight of parasites and diseases.
So what's left? Obvious now isn't it, those of us who don't QT MUST be nuts, simple and logical. So if anybody is reading this is thinking of not poisoning their fish and abandoning QTing then be sure to get a reefing god shrink to certify you as nuts and you will have no more problems with parasites or diseases after all what self respecting parasite would want to infect the fish in a nutters tank.
I have followed Paul B feeding advice for my small 30 gallon tank. I have 6 fish and not had a problem with any of them except they keep growing.

I feed them blackworms every other day and they get clams on a half shell regularly along with LRS nano reef food. They have all got along great with no problem and no diseases.

so thank you to Paul B

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have followed Paul B feeding advice for my small 30 gallon tank. I have 6 fish and not had a problem with any of them except they keep growing.

I feed them blackworms every other day and they get clams on a half shell regularly along with LRS nano reef food. They have all got along great with no problem and no diseases.

so thank you to Paul B
See more and more nutters coming forward. Repeat after me "I am a nutter and don't QT"

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added this guy and four others in the last couple of weeks.

This guy I have for a few years.

This "ich magnet" I have abut a year and the fireclown behind him is about 28 years old.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back