OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the picture on your journal sir.

There is never any problem on my thread. Post anything you like except pictures of Nancy Pelosi. :p
I just bought a small angelfish which sounds like artichoke or something. I'm not good with names. I will throw it in an a few minutes because the salinity in the bag is very low.
I will also try to get a picture. I really don't like angelfish or tangs but I never seen this one before so I had to have it and the store had nothing else I wanted.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on @Victoria M build thread and saw a post by @najer showing his "QT" tank. This is the kind of quarantine tank you suggest in your nany posts on the subject. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/victoria-musics-custom-180-rebuild.327504/post-6917213 I didn't want to take over her build thread with an argument about quarantine but this is the perfect place to do it.
why you dragging me into this???? Just kidding. Paul and I iron out our differences in QT practice over and over again. But since I am a super model with a gnarly scar he just lets me say my thing and smiles politely.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is never any problem on my thread. Post anything you like except pictures of Nancy Pelosi. :p
I just bought a small angelfish which sounds like artichoke or something. I'm not good with names. I will throw it in an a few minutes because the salinity in the bag is very low.
I will also try to get a picture. I really don't like angelfish or tangs but I never seen this one before so I had to have it and the store had nothing else I wanted.
Pictures please!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is still kind of hiding in a sponge. I can see him but not good enough to get a picture. He has only been in my tank less than 10 minutes. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is mostly black with a bright yellow line on top of his face. One yellow stripe on his middle sort of like a copperband and a bright yellow line tipping his dorsal fin all the way around his back and under him. A pretty little fish

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is mostly black with a bright yellow line on top of his face. One yellow stripe on his middle sort of like a copperband and a bright yellow line tipping his dorsal fin all the way around his back and under him. A pretty little fish

I'll wait for a pic. ;)

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He sounds pretty.
wait till you see what I am putting in my tank! The most common of fish. But kinda new to me. you will probably be surprised to know have only had one for a few months previously, many moons ago.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats him as an adult. When he gets big, I will give him away as I don't like big fish,

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first post on this forum was in 2011:

In a couple of weeks my reef will will have reached 40 years old.
Unfortunately I don't remember when I was 40 but I remember when I set it up. I was a skinny 22 year old just back from Viet Nam.

In 14 months my reef will be 50 years old. I wonder if in another 10 years I will still be on here saying it is 60 years old. :cool:

Probably not, as I am already a Geezer and in 10 years I will be a Super Geezer. ;Smuggrin

But I will probably be drooling in a nursing home being cared for by retired Supermodel Geezer Babes ;Clown

That actually may not be too bad. :p

Of course since I don't quarantine, my tank is a time bomb and I think that is at the edge of time for a time bomb and it definitely will crash by then, especially from those parasites that can fly 10'.

I know my ich magnet hipo tang will never be able to live that long. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having company for dinner Friday so I am making a gallon of clam chowder.
I love (Manhattan) clam chowder and it is pretty easy to make, as long as you aren't to afraid of hurting some clam feelings because I know they hate it.

I am steaming open a dozen and a half now.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are coming up from Miami. We will be making the stop on long island for the weekend before heading home on Monday to the virgin islands.

Fishybizzness, did you ever make it to Long Island?

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Evening Paul! We did make it but only for 2 days and we were there to attend a family function so time was limited. We were in Bayshore and when I checked where you live, it would not have been possible in the time we had available. I was pretty disappointed that we couldn't make it out. We are planning a longer trip at some point this year and I will definitely be contacting you so that me and my supermodel wife can come by for a visit!
Fishybizzness, did you ever make it to Long Island?

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still married to my starter wife after 37 years. Maybe 38, I forget. :bigsmile:

Girlsboatnight2010029.jpg
Still being married to your "starter wife" is more impressive (and important) to me than the impressive longevity of your tank.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having company for dinner Friday so I am making a gallon of clam chowder.
I love (Manhattan) clam chowder and it is pretty easy to make, as long as you aren't to afraid of hurting some clam feelings because I know they hate it.

I am steaming open a dozen and a half now.
Random thought... but that knife reminds me of my old Chicago Cutlery Walnut set from back before they moved production to China and automated the manufacturing. Now you can get a 10 piece set for less than the old Chef's knife cost. I loved that the handles were obviously hand carved. I only have a few pieces left that I only use on special occasions.
21 year old me didn't take good enough care of the handles and older me regrets it.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That knife was from my wife's Father's butcher shop. He died over 50 years ago so that knife is from before that.

We have a set of them and I use them every day and wouldn't get rid of them. Because of lawyers, businesses can't use wooden handled knifes anymore. :cool:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back