Tank birthday, 47+ years

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh he had no problem with ladies that's unless you consider ladies chasing him that is. You will personally know the problem of course.
Lou as we call her is a nice good looking lady just like you're own good lady Paul.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are having a great time. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
As long as they don't speak or look up at the buildings, they won't get ripped off. We New Yorkers can spot tourists from a mile away. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small Gobi.JPG

Now I really have way too many fish and just for my own knowledge I am going to try to count them.

2 Six Line wrasses.
2 Fire Clowns
6 Hector Gobies
1 Tomini Tang
3 File fish
1 Hippo Tang
1 Red Hawkfish
4 Pipefish
2 Sunburst Anthius
1 Black something (I forget)
2 WATCHMAN gbies
1 Cardinal
1 Perchlet
1 Long Nose Hawkfish.
2 small gobies or bleenies
1 Purple Psudo
2 Mandarins
2 Ruby Red dragonettes
1 Possum Wrasse
1 Red something

37 fish. There are probably a couple that I forgot but thats close. All of them except one of the filefish, one fireclown and the hippo tang are very small.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are having a great time. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
As long as they don't speak or look up at the buildings, they won't get ripped off. We New Yorkers can spot tourists from a mile away. :)
Ooops.
When I go back to.my how city Liverpool I always look up and the buildings as the lower levels inbthe city centre are all modren. The best architecture is first floor and above. Liverpool has the second highest number of grade 2 listed buildings in the UK second only to London.
Here are a few photo's I took a while ago while walking around the city centre.
20161113_133213.jpg
20161113_134835.jpg
20161113_134848.jpg
20161113_135225.jpg
20161113_135513.jpg
20170817_114321.jpg
20171029_172536.jpg
20180502_150823.jpg

20200305_124912.jpg
FB_IMG_1675332216171.jpg

FB_IMG_1675332269421.jpg

There are many more magnificent buildings I haven't photographed.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I don't have to many pictures of buildings in the city here because I worked there all my life and don't really like the city.

I took a lot from my boat. Here is the Brooklyn Bridge where your Son is.

The East River next to the City. Thats Big Alice in the background. One of the power houses.

I worked on the construction of all the new buildings here

This Lady is in our Harbor. I used to go there all the time on my boat especially with tourists. :)

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photos Paul, my son and his partner are very lucky to be there but they work very hard for what they have achieved in their lives working long hours.
You worked hard like me in construction, me more in house building you more civil engineering type building. Being on the tools you had to work hard to earn good pay in construction.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooops.
When I go back to.my how city Liverpool I always look up and the buildings as the lower levels inbthe city centre are all modren. The best architecture is first floor and above. Liverpool has the second highest number of grade 2 listed buildings in the UK second only to London.
Here are a few photo's I took a while ago while walking around the city centre.
20161113_135513.jpg

There are many more magnificent buildings I haven't photographed.
My Mom was a Rigby - Eleanor Rigby to be exact :astonished-face:. Her family came from Preston.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, tell them to get out of that city and go to some beautiful places like upstate New York or out here in God's Country in eastern Long Island. :D

This is in front of my Daughters house in Vermont.

This is the Montauk Lighthouse on the eastern most point on Long Island. That white building is from WW2 and it was used to look for German submarines.

This is Execution Lighthouse. There are runors that you guys, the Brits used to tie prisoners to the rocks at low tide and wait for the tide to come up. Thats how it got it's name. But they are only rumors. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It was featured in an episode of Ghost Hunters because it is supposed to be haunted. It isn't. I was hired many years ago to go there as a consultant as someone wanted to make a B&B out of it. Didn't happen. :rolleyes: I did many SCUBA dives around it for lobsters.

George Washington commissioned it.

This is behind my house.

An herb farm hear me.

This is also behind my house.

Golf Course across the street from my home.

Last edited:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree with you Paul. It's like when many of you guys come to England but don't stay fare from London. London is the pits get out into our countryside. The lake district, Devon Cornwall the Cotswolds Scotland Wales and so on and so on.
Most brits will only go to Florida and return never exploring a fraction of the USA. Both our countries have beautiful scenery and wildlife. Theme parks and cities don't cut it for me even though I love my city and its architecture etc.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. When we travel we don't do cities. I have no wish to see Tokyo, Paris, London, Beijing, Venice, Cairo or any other city. I go away to get away from cities and people.

When we go to Hawaii we go to the outer Islands where no one goes.
This is one of the outer Islands in Hawaii. You need a helicopter or boat to get here.

Most people go to Oahu which is like London with palm trees. :anguished-face:

This is the lagoon on Bora Bora where they filmed "Mutiny on the Bounty". No one goes here which is where I want to be. There are hundreds of un inhabited Islets there only reached by Kayak. Fantastic places.

I don't go to Miami, I go to mangrove Islands.

I have been to Islands that I never heard of. Islands so small the population is more goats than people.
One place, I think it was Bequa had the most beautiful small lagoon with a tiny Island in the middle that you could swim to and the only inhabitants were goats and huge Iguana's.

Absolutely no one there. Thats my kind of place.

This is on top of Execution Light house I posted above. A place no one is allowed to go..

When I would anchor my boat with friends I would find a place away from everyone. I don't want to listen to their music or smell their food.

If I go to a restaurant, I want to eat on the sand.

It's probably even cheaper to go to out of the way places than big cities and you will have more fun. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they do. I have them in a small cooler and sometimes, if it gets to warm or I don't feed them, they crawl all over the thing. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This mornin
Beach stair wal.JPG
g walk down by the sea. It's still cold here.
While many people are a little familiar with the chorus of this song most are not familiar with the entirety of it and the twist it has in it.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was going for Awesome, but I will take anything. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I still need to glue in some corals as they are just laying there but I am waiting for all the algae to depart. It is turning white and dying so It won't be long.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back