Tank birthday, 47+ years

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ww have lots of large nice castles in VGC here. Just over an hours drive away from us is Carnarvon Castle which is beautiful and excellently preserved.
we-offer-castle-trips.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ww have lots of large nice castles in VGC here. Just over an hours drive away from us is Carnarvon Castle which is beautiful and excellently preserved.
We traded in our castles for condo's. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

But that one looks pristine

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Daughter had her wedding in this one on the shore in Long Island. :)
It was built by Guggenheim over 100 years ago which is considered old in the US

Castle_Gould.jpeg.644x0_q85.jpg

Hempstead_House.jpeg

th.jpg
th.jpg th.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Daughter had her wedding in this one on the shore in Long Island. :)
It was built by Guggenheim over 100 years ago which is considered old in the US

Castle_Gould.jpeg.644x0_q85.jpg

Hempstead_House.jpeg

th.jpg
th.jpg th.jpg

Oh we have fake castles as well often called Follies. We got married in the Leasowe castle. Had our reception and stated the night there.
850_500_thumb_2068761_leasowe-cast-20180725024858679.jpg
12.jpg

leasowe-cast-20180725024859554.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You certainly have some fancy castles over there, @atoll but I bet you don’t have one like this!

Oh we do indeed and even have a castle in Wales made exclusively of Cheese

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbrown, I see you have a rifle. I have a similar picture of me over 55 years ago in Nam. Of course thats an M-16 but I built that 30 round magazine from parts from crashed helicopters, tape and wire.

I don't remember how I got the spring to work. :cool: Thats all I had in the jungle but the thing worked perfectly and I could fire 30 rounds fully automatic.

Then the thing got so hot I had to wrap a sand bag around it to hold it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Thank you for your service and Paul!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Anthony.. I appreciate it. :)

Atoll, the Guggenheim Castle is actually a real castle designed like a medieval castle just not very old. Maybe 1900. The owner built 3 of them next to each other as he was one of the richest people in the world at the time.

They didn't have weddings there so my Daughter had to electrify the place with a huge generator and air condition it using two tractor trailers with AC ducts that you could drive a truck through. Not those mini trucks you Brits have in Europe, big trucks.

They also had to supply temporary, but very nice bathrooms and a kitchen.

After her wedding which is in a magazine, they now fixed up the place permanently for weddings :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from my eye plastic surgeon who removed a tiny skin cancer thing from my eyelid.
He said it looks fantastic and asked me if I wanted an eye lid lift.

I said: Like Really!!!!. Do I look like a guy who would get an eye lift? My eyelids, even the droopy one is a trademark and I like my eyes just the way they are.

I really have no need to look like Brad Pitts Sister....Peach Pitt, and prefer the look of his brother, Arm Pitt. :rolleyes:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from my eye plastic surgeon who removed a tiny skin cancer thing from my eyelid.
He said it looks fantastic and asked me if I wanted an eye lid lift.

I said: Like Really!!!!. Do I look like a guy who would get an eye lift? My eyelids, even the droopy one is a trademark and I like my eyes just the way they are.

I really have no need to look like Brad Pitts Sister....Peach Pitt, and prefer the look of his brother, Arm Pitt. :rolleyes:
You forgot Cherry Pitt ! What a looker she is lol! Her attitude is a little hard to swallow though!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t imagine what all you have seen. Endured and still have yet to process. Sending you a lot of love.
Thank you 3Zreefer. Luckily for me the VA tells me I have PTSD from a particularly large battle I was in when I was a 19 year old Sargent where about 175 of us in a clearing in the jungle were attacked by 400 regular Communist troops. That picture I posted above may have been the place and as you can see the tree line which surrounded us was very close.

About 300 people died that night on both sides. It was Firebase Illingworth.

I forgot 90% of it and I am very happy about that. Most of it is a complete blank and much of what I know about that battle I read in this book about that night even though I was in the middle of it.

I know I posted this a few times on here.

I was with the COMMO Chief with the 1/77th in the First Cavalry unit and I lost 6 of my 7 men. One guy there, Peter Lemon received the Medal of Honor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are taking the family and Grand Kids on a cruise to Bermuda to renew our vows as we are married 50 years.

My Son N Law asked me if he has to give me a bachelor party. I said, yeah, if he can get the same
exotic dancer I saw for my first one. But she is about 80 now and I am not sure if she still dances. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you my friend Rybren. How have you been doing?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are taking the family and Grand Kids on a cruise to Bermuda to renew our vows as we are married 50 years.

My Son N Law asked me if he has to give me a bachelor party. I said, yeah, if he can get the same
exotic dancer I saw for my first one. But she is about 80 now and I am not sure if she still dances. :rolleyes:
That's great Paul, I hope you all have a brilliant time

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Congrats on 50 years!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back