Tank birthday, 47+ years

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3Zreefer. When I went to a LFS and buy something I used to ask for some of the "stuff" living in the dark corners of their invert sumps. That "mulm" is full of all sorts of good stuff.
I do the same thing every once in a while. Great minds think alike - and so do ours :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainy walk.JPG

3Zreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Baby Naso is back in therapeutic copper. Will update you on condition later!
@Paul B Baby Naso is still alive. I doubt it would have been had I not reached out to you asking for help. Still pretty stressed, on its side and breathing a less bit rapidly. I know it won’t eat- but I will try to feed with a baster in front if it’s mouth multiple times today some freshly hatched baby brine.

3Zreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B look!! I raised copper to 2.0 today. This AM was 1.75 (COPPERSAFE) and I dangled some GHA by its mouth until he kept it in long enough to where I knew he swallowed it. Now, 8+ hours later, he is trying out his swimming skills. I lowered the Powerhead flow to provide some room for him to swim and not exert too much energy. But Baby Naso’s colors are lightening. Check the video. Will keep you posted. He was on his way out if it wasn’t for your advice.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3Zreefer, I doubt I had anything to do with it but I hope he makes it. Nice looking fish.

Like I said, we can't cure them all especially with all the poisons they are put through now before we get them. I am sure more fish come in dead than alive and I have seen some shipments where almost none of them were still living. :(

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, maybe you can help me out here, I bought this tank used, have never been able to find a Makers mark, name, nothing to indicate who fabricated this 96x32x24 glass cage. It has plastic trim on top and bottom. It has 5/8th thick sides and center brace that is 22 inches wide, 3/4inch thick bottom and 1/2 corner braces on the top. here is a Pic. I'd love to be able to put a Manufacturer's Name to this tank.
I have little history other than the guy I bought it from bought it used and he had it for 19 years, I have had it for 9.
It don't think it is an Oceanic.
20230304_070716.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Paul, maybe you can help me out here, I bought this tank used, have never been able to find a Makers mark, name, nothing to indicate who fabricated this 96x32x24 glass cage. It has plastic trim on top and bottom. It has 5/8th thick sides and center brace that is 22 inches wide, 3/4inch thick bottom and 1/2 corner braces on the top. here is a Pic. I'd love to be able to put a Manufacturer's Name to this tank.
I have little history other than the guy I bought it from bought it used and he had it for 19 years, I have had it for 9.
It don't think it is an Oceanic.
20230304_070716.jpg
Is that trim fake wood grain?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea who built that tank. I didn't buy to many tanks in my life because I tend to keep them a long time. I think mine is a "Perfecto" or something like that.

Last edited:

3Zreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3Zreefer, I doubt I had anything to do with it but I hope he makes it. Nice looking fish.

Like I said, we can't cure them all especially with all the poisons they are put through now before we get them. I am sure more fish come in dead than alive and I have seen some shipments where almost none of them were still living. :(
You gave me lots of courage. I would have went the anti-biotic way and more than likely would have killed him. Today he is all the way light grey and no stress spots. Swimming around. Going to see if he will take some algae or brine. Thanks for the morale support and expert experience!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34

3Zreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gave me lots of courage. I would have went the anti-biotic way and more than likely would have killed him. Today he is all the way light grey and no stress spots. Swimming around. Going to see if he will take some algae or brine. Thanks for the morale support and expert experience!
@Paul B Baby Naso is doing even better now. Fully swimming around. Not sure if it ate- I put a bunch of frozen brine and I do not see any left…. But don’t want to assume either. Hope you have a great night. Tonight I might actually sleep at a decent time.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he pulls through. That fish is full of medication. I am a terrible sleeper myself and normally have to take something to help me sleep. Oddly enough I am taking antibiotics this week for a tooth thing.

I got an implant, one of 10 and it has a slight infection that seems to be cleared up now. But I still have all my teeth. :D

10 of them I didn't grow but I could eat sea urchins with them. The Army pulled a few of them out for me because the army doesn't fill cavities. At least they didn't in the jungle.

You need electricity for that. :confused-face:

3Zreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he pulls through. That fish is full of medication. I am a terrible sleeper myself and normally have to take something to help me sleep. Oddly enough I am taking antibiotics this week for a tooth thing.

I got an implant, one of 10 and it has a slight infection that seems to be cleared up now. But I still have all my teeth. :D

10 of them I didn't grow but I could eat sea urchins with them. The Army pulled a few of them out for me because the army doesn't fill cavities. At least they didn't in the jungle.

You need electricity for that. :confused-face:
The book arrived just now!!!! Thank you Paul!!!

Also, please remember to take probiotics after your anti-biotics!! I need teeth like yours- it would be amazing to be able to chomp down on some food without certain sensitivities. My anxiousness keeps me awake.

Thank you for your service and I hope life has been kind to you. I can’t imagine what all you have seen. Endured and still have yet to process. Sending you a lot of love.

Baby Naso is on his side again and darkened in color. He has been on and off. I do hope he makes it. I kept the tank covered with some soft lighting and copper is at 2 ppm still with new cycled tank water. We will see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back