OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last few months since I gave away two larger fish I added quite a few smaller, more interesting fish. Of course I threw them right in so maybe ich, uronema, velvet and diphtheria will soon rear it's ugly head.

I added some of these. 2 or 3

Maybe 3 of these.

This totally very cool guy. (I am trying to get more of them)

These two guys.

Two of these Ladies and one male.

This guy

Another one of these

And these

This guy

Two of these.

And one of these

I think I have about 44 fish and I am sure I forgot some but those are the ones I can think of that I got recently with in 6 or so months.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been away for 5 days to Porthmadog Black rock sands with fingers crossed as daughter-in-law was feeding the tank. All was well when I returned, phew!.

Attachments

• 20230426_163504.jpg
    20230426_163504.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230425_114952.jpg
    20230425_114952.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230425_155306.jpg
    20230425_155306.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 23

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Urchins are dying across the Caribbean

I started noticing it on all the shallow spots I snorkel. Some spots way worse than others. It a sad thing to see. I remember the last outbreak well. I hope now that they know what's causing it they can find a solution.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to run a diatom filter on my tank almost every day to remove dying algae that keeps growing after my sponge removal.

I think I tore my rotator cuff (for the 8th time) so it is very difficult to get my left arm over the tank so I spill water all over the place.

Old diatom filters are not easy to use even with 2 good arms. :confused:

I can't wait to get this ASW out of my tank.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They keep saying we need more rain. Exactly how much do we need?

I can barely get through the puddles now.

Puddle.jpg

There is a large pond across the street from me and it has many bullfrogs in it. There is so much water in it now that the frogs get the bends when they go to the bottom and back.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spent today in the emergency room in the hospital. I like to do that when I have nothing to do but this morning I moved a certain way like when I do the Macarana and tore some more of my rotator cuff. I had I think 7 surgeries to repair these things. I think my surgeon used those aluminum toggle bolts from Home Depot because my rotator cuff repairs don't last to long. I just had it fixed a year and a half ago and the warranty is over.

I dropped my phone and reached for it with the arm with the torn rotator cuff and I hit the ceiling. And it was just painted.

Immediate pain like when you accidently lay in fire coral while wearing a Speedo. They gave me a shot and I have an appointment with my shoulder surgeon but this time I want an entirely new shiny aluminum shoulder.

This way I can give people the cold shoulder.
My problem is soon we are taking the family on a cruise to Bermuda so I can't get it fixed until we get back so I will have to suck up the pain for a couple of months and just rely on alcohol. :anguished-face:

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s rough, I’m trying to get my shoulders fixed now so they last till I’m your age. Hopefully my clownfish last that long too…

My lfs has a clingfish that has been chilling there for close to a month now and I was considering getting it. Do they have any special diet/care requirements? I know you have kept them in the past so was wondering if you had any thoughts or advice

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C4ctus99 it depends on what kind of clingfish you get. The black ones with the yellow stripes are not easy to keep at all and very few people have kept them succesfully for a long time. The ones that are all black are much easier.

Atoll, If I could stand my screaming, I would fix this myself. After 7 of them I think I can do it and I have very little faith in the doctors that do this. :anguished-face:

Thats why I am trying to get the whole thing replaced.

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C4ctus99 it depends on what kind of clingfish you get. The black ones with the yellow stripes are not easy to keep at all and very few people have kept them succesfully for a long time. The ones that are all black are much easier.

Atoll, If I could stand my screaming, I would fix this myself. After 7 of them I think I can do it and I have very little faith in the doctors that do this. :anguished-face:

Thats why I am trying to get the whole thing replaced.
It is an all black one, so maybe I’ll pick it up. I saw in another thread sometimes they like to try and eat small fish…have you ever noticed that?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I had. Very cool but you never see it. They are real small to eat fish. I don't know how big they get.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Atoll. If you can pull yourself away from looking at that "very exciting" coronation you guys are having there see if you know this guy who is a 105 year old British WW2 Veteran Hero.

Do you think they will let you have a ride in that cool Royal Carriage?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so "Lucky" that I was able to put about 10 fish in my tank in the last few months all from a filthy store where many of the fish exhibited ich and all kinds of other things and yet, I haven't lost anything to disease.

Now I probably have 45 healthy fish none of which were medicated, quarantined or sung to without one loss. My "luck" is unfathomable.

Even on my tangs or other Ich magnets.

I am going to go and call retired Supermodels to see if any of them want to come here to help me look at my tank. Maybe they have better eyesight and can see ich, velvet of Broknella or whatever it is called. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 101 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back