OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything except one or two fish survived the cleaning. Those fish were hiding in holes in the rock in the dark and cold where I kept the rock to kill the sponge. Many of the corals shrunk from the sponge toxins but they grew very large in the last few weeks. I have no SPS corals as the toxins killed it all so I have mostly leathers LPS and soft corals like gorgonians.

My new I phone takes great pictures. :)

I found a video of a copper fountain I built in my fish pond in my last house.

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B, what do you consider to be a deep sand bed? I’ve got maybe 2” of aragonite gravel and was seeing DSB pop up a lot. I am running a RUFG and want to make certain I’m not trying to push it up through too much gravel. Now would be the time to remove some if I need to…

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B, what do you consider to be a deep sand bed?
I consider a DSB one of the silliest thing us Geezers invented many years ago and I don't like them, never did. You can't make a DSB using aragonite gravel. You need sand for that. Your 2" aragonite gravel is fine. :)

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider a DSB one of the silliest thing us Geezers invented many years ago and I don't like them, never did. You can't make a DSB using aragonite gravel. You need sand for that. Your 2" aragonite gravel is fine. :)
Sounds good, I greatly appreciate how you answer peoples questions, even though I’m sure you’ve probably answered most of them many many times before

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C4ctus99, I don't really answer them. I know a retired, out of work Supermodel who has a fish tank. I write to her in crayon and she types intelligible words on the screen. :grimacing-face:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urchins are dying across the Caribbean

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urchins are dying across the Caribbean

Here's another article on it.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my water because I am waiting for some people and I had nothing to do. Testing water is something I almost never do and my test kits usually expire before I do 3 or 4 tests. :oops:

My nitrates are undetectable which is understandable being I recently changed 100% of the water and I now have hair algae all over the place.
My calcium is 500 and alk is 14. Weird readings so I will go back to not testing. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night this Jiboni comes down the hill across from my house and flies over a speed bump. The speed limit in the complex is 10 mph but of course most go about 20, but not 60.

He drove on the wrong side of the road and took out about 60' of brand new railings.

Broken railing.JPG

Then went a hundred yards to jump over two 10"X10" posts and land on top of one of them. He left much of his front end here.
Car wreck.JPG

The car didn't move after that but the guy went to jail.

Last edited:

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night this Jiboni comes down the hill across from my house and flies over a speed bump. The speed limit in the complex is 10 mph but of course most go about 20, but not 60.

He drove on the wrong side of the road and took out about 60' of brand new railings.

Broken railing.JPG

Then went a hundred yards to jump over two 10"X10" posts and land on top of one of them. He laft much of his front end here.
Car wreck.JPG

The car didn't move after that but the guy went to jail.
Looks like some may need a BRICK WALL for a speed bump.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think after taking out 4 six by six fence posts you would stop before you ran over 3 ten by ten posts that were burried two feet down.

He may have thought that little Acura was a tank.

His insurance company is going to be thrilled.

After crash.JPG

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You would think after taking out 4 six by six fence posts you would stop before you ran over 3 ten by ten posts that were burried two feet down.

He may have thought that little Acura was a tank.

His insurance company is going to be thrilled.

After crash.JPG
Or they'll find some way to not be responsible. There's got to be a clause for getting out of payment for "gross negligence" or something.

Back