OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for Patriotic songs to play today at our Fourth of July party with the neighbors in front of my house and I came across this

It is not really a Fourth of July song but I keep watching it and I can't stop crying. Mostly Veterans will get this. Millennials may not get it as much. But I hope they do.
Happy Fourth of July and Happy Birthday America.

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still new to me. I was a professional mechanic in the 60s. :eek: My Jeep now needs a "software Update". I can't do that because anything with the word "software" in it is code for "something a snowflake built that is just silly". Jeep has to do it. There is no need for software to make my 4 wheel drive work,but aparently now there is. Myold Willy's Jeep had great 4 wheel drive and didn't need no stupid software. It just didn't show me a little picture of a Jeep covered in mud when I threw it in 4 wheel drive. It was just a "Man's" car. :D

Look at the "sleek, aerodynamic lines on that beauty" :rolleyes:
I rebuilt the engine and was amazed. The connecting rods are like a foot long, compared to say a Corvette which are like 4". That is for power, but not speed.
No plastic or aluminum, just steel. It would plow through snow over the roof without slowing down for a cup of coffee. You could change the oil with Vaseline, WD 40 or tar. The Jeep didn't mind.

Ya i get it.. but here is the thing. And this is where ill get bashed.. I have a classic car.. you saw my wagoneer. I also dont like the newer vehicles... But you seem just a little too bitter.. And its probsbly your age.

Its like you DONT want tech to advance.. You do realize americsn cars made in the 60'70-80s were so terrible in quality they had to ask Japanese and such for help right ?

You should look at the welds AMC did on the earlier wagoneers. The pillars are terrible and people who own the 60-70s wagoneers have to reweld the pillars on the body lol.. thats terrible. Wagoneers from factory an old mechsnic told me once would leak water right off the factory floor.. they had to put a knee to the door and pull the top to bend the door to try to fix it.

Electrical on alot of older vehicles was terrible and subpar and thats bad considering there isnt much wiring in the first place. Rust in older vehicles was another problem cars back then were built to last 6-8 years and they would fall apart. Transmissions of the past would use sperm whale oil and in the mid 70s it was banned and over 4 million transmissions failed.

Im not a hippie not even close but i am highely against whaling.

Engines also didnt last worth crap... most engines needed rebuilt at 70k miles.. and youd be lucky to get to 100k.. The AMC360 average mileage on that engine is 140k miles if your lucky. Some go past of course.

Todays vehicles are better built.. they csn last 200k miles without even blinking 300k is the norm now.. gas mileage is better pollution is better.. No more breathing lead fumes from leaded gasoline.. smog has dropped people dont get ashma or lung cancer as much which is s good thing.. I mesn unless you want a kid getting ashma or someone dying from lung cancer you will agree with me.

People in your time were morons, bathing their hands and arms in laquer thinner after working on a vehicle and then wondering why they have liver cancer and kidney failure later in life. No one wore masks. Or gloves for painting or sanding and today they are either dead or dying from cancer.

Todays vehicles offroading would crush any older vehicle stock for stock... Im sorry but no open differential or LSD solid axle Jeep will compete with locking differentials. Ive seen offroading vehicles where a solid axle Jeep got stuck after one wheel was in the air and couldnt touch the ground.. 4wd isnt 4wd with open diffs.. its 1wd. 2wd if you have a locking transfercase.. but if one wheel spins in sand or in the air youre stuck.

To make it anywhere difficult youd have to give it a running start..

But again i dont like newer Jeeps and their gizmos either... I dont want the fancy computer screens and sensors telling me sest belt isnt on.. or to measure how much tick i have in my bladder.

I agree but i also dissagree... With an attitude like yours the human race would never evolve..

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for Patriotic songs to play today at our Fourth of July party with the neighbors in front of my house and I came across this

It is not really a Fourth of July song but I keep watching it and I can't stop crying. Mostly Veterans will get this. Millennials may not get it as much. But I hope they do.
Happy Fourth of July and Happy Birthday America.

You do realize most of the military force today are millenials.. right ?

Im gonna stop posting in this said.. im no snowflake and ssdly im a millenial by birth.

But remember who raised thr millenails ( it was your generation) .. your generation before us was just as bad... At least the millenial generation helps its veterans... Or have you forgot about thr hippies and men who grew beards and dodged the draft. The generation that did weed, crack cocaine and other horrible drugs.

And dont even get me on the atrocities some of those veitnam soldiers committed.

Today we have navy seals who get jail time for taking pictures of taliban they killed. Back then we had soldiers who rapped (spelling) killed and pillaged for fun. And got away with it.. dont forget that good ol usa government who dropped weed killer on the jungles to clear them out.. only for the soldoers to come back and die from csncer or give their kids birth defects. That stuff is still in those jungles too and affecting people to this day.

Im sorry but id rather be in the snowflake generation then the generation of a bunch of murderers and hippies who didnt care for its own soldiers after the war. Its been 50+ years and i dont think you havent gotten your welcome home yet have you ? That tells you something about your great generation

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.. With an attitude like yours the human race would never evolve..
This may be true. But it did in spite of us :D

. I have a classic car.. you saw my wagoneer. I also dont like the newer vehicles... But you seem just a little too bitter.. And its probsbly your age.

I love your old Wagoneer. I also like Model A Fords but I wouldn't trust one to take me across the country. :rolleyes:
I also love my age and am proud of it. I am also not Bitter. You read way too much into my posts. :D I am actually a very happy guy. :) This is a fish forum and I like to have fun with it. ;)

And this is where ill get bashed
You will never get bashed on a thread I started, not by me any way as you have your opinions and I agree with many of them. You may bet bashed by other people though. :cool:

That is also true about engines and trannys not lasting long, I replaced many of them. That was a world wide thing and we build them much better now. Not only because of electronics, because when something fails often we know how to re-design it to last. That is why we don't change ball joints or exhaust systems now. Better steel.

People in your time were morons,

This, you may get bashed for. Those "morons" made it possible for Snowflakes to be here. Those morons built the planes and ships that beat the Japanese and Germans. They are the Morons that died by the thousands so snowflakes can legally protest whatever they want. They also made it possible for a lot of people in my generation to be conscientious objectors and not fight for the country.
Those Morons paid their own way and there was no welfare so if they didn't work, they starved as they should. Those "Morons" were very Proud to be American and they put up American Flags to show their Patriotism (as I do)

Wagoneers from factory an old mechsnic told me once would leak water right off the factory floor.. they had to put a knee to the door and pull the top to bend the door to try to fix it.
I was a "factory old" Oldsmobile mechanic in the 60s and bending the top of the door in was standard practice. It was done on all cars, even I would imagine the Japanese cars. The ones in the factories we Morons built for them. :cool:

People in your time were morons, bathing their hands and arms in laquer thinner after working on a vehicle and then wondering why they have liver cancer and kidney failure later in life. No one wore masks. Or gloves for painting or sanding and today they are either dead or dying from cancer.

We also smoked. (as did I and almost everyone in the 60s) Smoking, bathing your hands in Lacquer thinner and not wearing masks was not from being Morons. Smoking wasn't considered dangerous then (Or in Jeranamo's time ) as was lacquer thinner. Coca Cola used to have cocaine in it and many medications along with teeth fillings had mercury in it. No one knew better, but us Morons eventually found out these things which is why we don't give it to the millennials. Millennials walk around with cell phones stuck in their ears. I am sure the next generation will call them morons because of all the brain cancer that will cause. Many Millennials can't function without a phone, don't know what day it is or what rock star they should emulate. As I walk through Manhattan I can't find hardly anyone not on a cell phone. Those people hardly have a life as to me, life is what you make it, not what other people tell me how to make it. I function fine without my phone and never read it. I make calls, take a picture and very rarely text someone, but my life doesn't revolve around the thing.
If I was stranded on a desert Island, I would get along just fine. If I found a hermit crab, a sardine and a tin can, I could build a cell phone or flat screen TV. If it were a Blue Leg hermit crab, that TV would be Blue Ray. :D
I am sure you typed this post on a cell phone as you made about 18 spelling errors. But I am sure I did too and I am on a big computer. :eek:

You do realize americsn cars made in the 60'70-80s were so terrible in quality they had to ask Japanese and such for help right ?

You also realize that after we Morons destroyed Japan in the war, we re-built their factories which made them much newer than our 50 year old car factories. Do you think Japan would have done the same for us?

If there was a war today and we needed young people, or millennials to fight, I bet over 90% would have some sort of excuse not to go.
(they would probably be on their phones)

At least the millenial generation helps its veterans... Or have you forgot about thr hippies and men who grew beards and dodged the draft. The generation that did weed, crack cocaine and other horrible drugs.

I "am" a war Veteran and I also help other Veterans. I give to the Wounded Warriors and "always" thank Veterans even if they are much younger than I am. (WE are giving clothes to Veterans orgaizations today) I go far out of my way to thank Veterans. I sometimes pick up their check in restaurants. Most of my friends are Veterans, many of us are Combat Veterans with purple hearts or Bronze Stars for Valor. (I have two of them) Many of my friends sadly died in combat.
I had a beard, but I never took drugs and I grew up in the 60s where everyone took drugs. I had access to drugs all over Viet Nam as I could travel anywhere I wanted by helicopter, but I didn't. Not even weed. I did however get dosed with Agent Orange many times and many of my cohorts are now dead from that. Drugs have been around for centuries.

And dont even get me on the atrocities some of those veitnam soldiers committed.

As I said, I am a combat Veteran and I was in the Jungle for the entire year. (no roofs, no walls, no water, no electricity just mud and bamboo) I saw plenty of Combat, one day losing 54 of us out of about 150. I am sure atrocities were committed. Not by me and not by anyone I have been with.
We took prisoners, guarded them, fed them and sent them to the rear. I am sure you don't want to hear what the Vietnamese or Japanese did to Americans. (Read "Killing the Rising Sun" you may be amazed. )

dont forget that good ol usa government who dropped weed killer on the jungles to clear them out.. only for the soldoers to come back and die from csncer or give their kids birth defects. That stuff is still in those jungles too and affecting people to this day.

I won't forget that as my lungs are full of the stuff. I get checked for it all the time and so far it hasn't killed me. (I also installed asbestos which I am loaded with) It is still encapsulated in my lungs and I am one of the few survivors in my unit that is still living with this stuff in me. My Daughter and Grand Daughter also have some "defects", I just don't know if it's from that and I can't do anything about it.
No, I won't forget that.

(Isn't it your generation that kneels for the National Anthem and borrowes their dad's guns to shoot up schools? )

As for draft dodgers, me and most people in my generation feel they should have been shot. The ones which went to Canada should never been allowed to return, if they did, they should be shot. (along with the people who kneel for the Anthem)

Whaling has been around since they invented whales. (so was slavery) It was needed hundreds of years ago. Or so they say.
I think today whalers should be harpooned and boiled down for their fat. People who keep slaves could be put in there with them.
I don't believe in putting people in jail for life so we can pay for them. If they are on death row, just kill them and get it over with. If their lawyer complains, put him in there with them :eek:

But remember who raised thr millenails ( it was your generation) .. your generation before us was just as bad.

Many of us were terrible parents, I agree with that. Many Millennials are also terrible parents. My Daughter bought her own car, her own apartment and her own wedding. She did those things because she knows I like independence more than anything and I am very proud of her for all that.
I grew up very independent as my Dad died when I was ten, but before he died he taught me to work. If I wanted a nickel, I had to shine his shoes that he wore to work in a fish market. I also had to wash our 1947 Pontiac. The one with the bad welds. :rolleyes:

Today, most kids get free cars, houses, weddings and they emerge as "Morons" because they can't function on just a college degree as they don't teach you how to change a tire in college or fight for your country. :(
Many college graduates can't make a living because they have no street skills.
I made money all my life and money is and has always been easy for me. I can make money any day I want but I have enough. The "Moron" in me allowed me to know how to do that and my Dad taught me the lesson. :D I didn't have to go to college, I was smart enough already. :cool:

Im sorry but id rather be in the snowflake generation then the generation of a bunch of murderers and hippies who didnt care for its own soldiers after the war. Its been 50+ years and i dont think you havent gotten your welcome home yet have you ? That tells you something about your great generation
I didn't see your generation welcome us home yet either. And if it were not for us, you wouldn't be here. :cool:

Im gonna stop posting in this said.. im no snowflake and ssdly im a millenial by birth.

I think you meant "Thread "here. But I wish you wouldn't stop posting here. Your opinions are valid as much as anyone's and I take no offense to them. Have a great day. :D

Last edited:

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be true. But it did in spite of us :D

I love your old Wagoneer. I also like Model A Fords but I wouldn't trust one to take me across the country. :rolleyes:
I also love my age and am proud of it. I am also not Bitter. You read way too much into my posts. :D I am actually a very happy guy. :) This is a fish forum and I like to have fun with it. ;)

You will never get bashed on a thread I started, not by me any way as you have your opinions and I agree with many of them. You may bet bashed by other people though. :cool:

That is also true about engines and trannys not lasting long, I replaced many of them. That was a world wide thing and we build them much better now. Not only because of electronics, because when something fails often we know how to re-design it to last. That is why we don't change ball joints or exhaust systems now. Better steel.

This, you may get bashed for. Those "morons" made it possible for Snowflakes to be here. Those morons built the planes and ships that beat the Japanese and Germans. They are the Morons that died by the thousands so snowflakes can legally protest whatever they want. They also made it possible for a lot of people in my generation to be conscientious objectors and not fight for the country.
Those Morons paid their own way and there was no welfare so if they didn't work, they starved as they should. Those "Morons" were very Proud to be American and they put up American Flags to show their Patriotism (as I do)

I was a "factory old" Oldsmobile mechanic in the 60s and bending the top of the door in was standard practice. It was done on all cars, even I would imagine the Japanese cars. The ones in the factories we Morons built for them. :cool:

We also smoked. (as did I and almost everyone in the 60s) Smoking, bathing your hands in Lacquer thinner and not wearing masks was not from being Morons. Smoking wasn't considered dangerous then (Or in Jeranamo's time ) as was lacquer thinner. Coca Cola used to have cocaine in it and many medications along with teeth fillings had mercury in it. No one knew better, but us Morons eventually found out these things which is why we don't give it to the millennials. Millennials walk around with cell phones stuck in their ears. I am sure the next generation will call them morons because of all the brain cancer that will cause. Many Millennials can't function without a phone, don't know what day it is or what rock star they should emulate. As I walk through Manhattan I can't find hardly anyone not on a cell phone. Those people hardly have a life as to me, life is what you make it, not what other people tell me how to make it. I function fine without my phone and never read it. I make calls, take a picture and very rarely text someone, but my life doesn't revolve around the thing.
If I was stranded on a desert Island, I would get along just fine. If I found a hermit crab, a sardine and a tin can, I could build a cell phone or flat screen TV. If it were a Blue Leg hermit crab, that TV would be Blue Ray. :D
I am sure you typed this post on a cell phone as you made about 18 spelling errors. But I am sure I did too and I am on a big computer. :eek:

You also realize that after we Morons destroyed Japan in the war, we re-built their factories which made them much newer than our 50 year old car factories. Do you think Japan would have done the same for us?

If there was a war today and we needed young people, or millennials to fight, I bet over 90% would have some sort of excuse not to go.
(they would probably be on their phones)

I "am" a war Veteran and I also help other Veterans. I give to the Wounded Warriors and "always" thank Veterans even if they are much younger than I am. (WE are giving clothes to Veterans organism today) I go far out of my way to thank Veterans. I sometimes pick up their check in restaurants. Most of my friends are Veterans, many of us are Combat Veterans with purple hearts or Bronze Stars for Valor. (I have two of them) Many of my friends sadly died in combat.
I had a beard, but I never took drugs and I grew up in the 60s where everyone took drugs. I had access to drugs all over Viet Nam as I could travel anywhere I wanted by helicopter, but I didn't. Not even weed. I did however get dosed with Agent Orange many times and many of my cohorts are now dead from that. Drugs have been around for centuries.

As I said, I am a combat Veteran and I was in the Jungle for the entire year. (no roofs, no walls, no water, no electricity just mud and bamboo) I saw plenty of Combat, one day losing 54 of us out of about 150. I am sure atrocities were committed. Not by me and not by anyone I have been with.
We took prisoners, guarded them, fed them and sent them to the rear. I am sure you don't want to hear what the Vietnamese or Japanese did to Americans. (Read "Killing the Rising Star" you may be amazed. )

I won't forget that as my lungs are full of the stuff. I get checked for it all the time and so far it hasn't killed me. (I also installed asbestos which I am loaded with) It is still encapsulated in my lungs and I am one of the few survivors in my unit that is still living with this stuff in me. My Daughter and Grand Daughter also have some "defects", I just don't know if it's from that and I can't do anything about it.
No, I won't forget that.

(Isn't it your generation that kneels for the National Anthem? )

As for draft dodgers, me and most people in my generation feel they should have been shot. The ones which went to Canada should never been allowed to return, if they did, they should be shot. (along with the people who kneel for the Anthem)

Whaling has been around since they invented whales. (so was slavery) It was needed hundreds of years ago. Or so they say.
I think today whalers should be harpooned and boiled down for their fat. People who keep slaves could be put in there with them.
I don't believe in putting people in jail for life so we can pay for them. If they are on death row, just kill them and get it over with. If their lawyer complains, put him in there with them :eek:

Many of us were terrible parents, I agree with that. Many Millennials are also terrible parents. My Daughter bought her own car, her own apartment and her own wedding. She did those things because she knows I like independence more than anything and I am very proud of her for all that.
I grew up very independent as my Dad died when I was ten, but before he died he taught me to work. If I wanted a nickel, I had to shine his shoes that he wore to work in a fish market. I also had to wash our 1947 Pontiac. The one with the bad welds. :rolleyes:

Today, most kids get free cars, houses, weddings and they emerge as "Morons" because they can't function on just a college degree as they don't teach you how to change a tire in college or fight for your country. :(
Many college graduates can't make a living because they have no street skills.
I made money all my life and money is and has always been easy for me. I can make money any day I want but I have enough. The "Moron" in me allowed me to know how to do that and my Dad taught me the lesson. :D

I think you meant "Thread "here. But I wish you wouldn't stop posting here. Your opinions are valid as much as anyone's and I take no offense to them. Have a great day. :D

Hey Paul B hope you had a great 4th and that your beautiful wife is doing well:). As always I enjoy your thread and I think your post in response to the previous post was dignified and awesome :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Chris. We had a great Fourth. We had a big party in our driveway and invited all the neighbors. :D

I did my "fireworks" that I make every year myself out of steel wool. :D

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a millennial, I mostly approve of the above message. I won’t get in to my true feelings about my generation here. God bless and happy reefing!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is always nagging me to trim my eyebrows. When you get to a certain age, I guess gravity prevents your hair from growing on the top of your head. It can't quite make it there so it grows out of your nose, ears and your eyebrows. So I have this thing that I use to buzz my hair (it doesn't have to work very hard) and there is an attachment for leaving the hair longer. I was to lazy to change the attachment on it so I used it on my eyebrow.
Big mistake. It's a good thing I only trimmed half of one eyebrow because I buzzed it right off and now I could audition for the Twilight Zone as I look like a big Jiboni. :eek:

Anyway, that reminds me of a story.
I used to work with a guy named Mike. Wait a minute, that's his real name so I will call him Guy to protect his identity.
He looked just like this old time comedian named Jerry Colona.

I mean exactly like him. So I told him and he said he never heard of him.
The next day he comes in with a picture of Jerry Colona with his arm around his "Mother".

He said, what a coincidence, my Mother told me she was "good" friends with Jerry Colona.

I said, And you brought in a picture to show me! He said, yeah, whats wrong.
I said oh Nothing.

You can't make this stuff up, but he doesn't look anything like his "Father". Just saying :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Colonna_(entertainer)

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy 4th weekend!

Glad you and your Supermodel had a wonderful time.

Congrats on finding the gecko gobies.
We see ours at least once a week for 1.5 seconds when feeding.
It comes out at night sometimes.
Lol, it may come out every night.
I'm just not there to see it.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I was a Sargent, not an officer. I worked for my money. :D
Actually, I was a Sargent, not an officer. I worked for my money. :D

]
You should be more kind concerning officers. You were a non-commissioned officer. I made E4 four differrent Times. I may be a scallywag.

Of recent, I have made friends with two differrent O7 that were Marine Brigid commanders in Vietnam. I was surprised when each separately made the statement that their job was a servant leader role.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul,
You should be more kind to officers. You were a non-commissioned officier. I made E4 four differrent Times in four years. I may be a scallywag.

Recently, through volunteer service work, I meant two O7 that were Marine Brigade Commanders in Vietnam. Each separately made the statement that their job was a servant leader.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul and I met in on a thread on RC. We were discussing a difference of opinion on something, prolly ich...and then he friend requested me. It was awesome.
I literally lol'd about that story about ole Jerry. He has such a distinctive appearance. No hiding that. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Sunday mornings drinking coffee reading @Paul B posts..

If I knew someone read this rubbish I would have posted more. :rolleyes:

Soldiers dress so much better now than we did. But we also had to wash our own clothes if we could which didn't happen often. It was usually just taking a shower with your clothes on. We didn't have underwear, but that may be to much information. They just didn't give us any and it would rot off anyway. :confused:

The shower was when it rained, which it normally did like all the time. In the rainy season or monsoons, when it wasn't raining, it was raining harder.

We also lived and slept in the mud so we didn't have to pay for those mud baths my wife sometimes pays for. It makes your skin soft so I had the softest skin and the leeches didn't like the mud so they were easier to pick off. :D

You should be more kind to officers. You were a non-commissioned officier.

I am kind to officers. My Captain who is now a retired General is a good friend of mine. I really had no one in charge of me in Nam as I was a Commo Chief and my Officer was in the rear somewhere and I never even met him. After I got the communications running I could do just about what I wanted. Of course in a small clearing in the jungle, your options are quite limited. :confused:
My friend did have a small helicopter so I did go flying all the time.:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost finished building this Fireplace/TV steel plate wall. I just need to get the hearth stone up here. I need to carry it or hoist it about 12'
Unfortunately me and most of my friends are Geezers and we can't carry the thing.
I may try to hoist it up which will be a little dangerous because like most structures today my front deck is made of plastic as is the floor which I think is recycled bottles of prune juice.

I estimate the slab to be about 350lbs which 2 people can handle, but it is 9' long and the stairway has a 180 degree turn where the thing needs to stand straight up. Not something a couple of 70 year olds can do safely. We can, but the hospital is about 2 miles away. :rolleyes:

10 or 15 years ago I could easily do it as I specialized in moving very heavy objects up to ridiculous heights like a 37,000lb generator up 200'.
The hearth stone goes on the bottom of this and will be opened and closed with hydrallics.
So if any one reading this is a Moose catcher and can carry something heavy. Call me. I have Beer. :D

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i get it.. but here is the thing. And this is where ill get bashed.. I have a classic car.. you saw my wagoneer. I also dont like the newer vehicles... But you seem just a little too bitter.. And its probsbly your age.

Its like you DONT want tech to advance.. You do realize americsn cars made in the 60'70-80s were so terrible in quality they had to ask Japanese and such for help right ?

You should look at the welds AMC did on the earlier wagoneers. The pillars are terrible and people who own the 60-70s wagoneers have to reweld the pillars on the body lol.. thats terrible. Wagoneers from factory an old mechsnic told me once would leak water right off the factory floor.. they had to put a knee to the door and pull the top to bend the door to try to fix it.

Electrical on alot of older vehicles was terrible and subpar and thats bad considering there isnt much wiring in the first place. Rust in older vehicles was another problem cars back then were built to last 6-8 years and they would fall apart. Transmissions of the past would use sperm whale oil and in the mid 70s it was banned and over 4 million transmissions failed.

Engines also didnt last worth crap... most engines needed rebuilt at 70k miles.. and youd be lucky to get to 100k.. The AMC360 average mileage on that engine is 140k miles if your lucky. Some go past of course.

Todays vehicles are better built.. they csn last 200k miles without even blinking 300k is the norm now.. gas mileage is better pollution is better.. No more breathing lead fumes from leaded gasoline.. smog has dropped people dont get ashma or lung cancer as much which is s good thing.. I mesn unless you want a kid getting ashma or someone dying from lung cancer you will agree with me.

Todays vehicles offroading would crush any older vehicle stock for stock... Im sorry but no open differential or LSD solid axle Jeep will compete with locking differentials. Ive seen offroading vehicles where a solid axle Jeep got stuck after one wheel was in the air and couldnt touch the ground.. 4wd isnt 4wd with open diffs.. its 1wd. 2wd if you have a locking transfercase.. but if one wheel spins in sand or in the air youre stuck.

To make it anywhere difficult youd have to give it a running start..

But again i dont like newer Jeeps and their gizmos either... I dont want the fancy computer screens and sensors telling me sest belt isnt on.. or to measure how much **** i have in my bladder.

I agree but i also dissagree... With an attitude like yours the human race would never evolve..
Hold up... I don’t know anything about cars (old or new). I know when they work. That’s all I need. But I take exception to your comment that people in “our” time were morons. You don’t even know me. FWIW, us “morons” raised all you guys. Morons don’t typically beget geniuses. But geniuses can certainly produce morons.:rolleyes:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back