Tank Crash - out of hobby

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not likely to happen with yours. When you have a floating base tank make sure you do not put any sort of cushion between the tank and the stand. It makes situation worst. Make sure your stand is leveled and you are good to go.

What is a floating base tank?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Brian, I am sooooo sorry and now really worried!!! Been out of town and just now seeing this. We have hardwood floors and that's one reason I've been worried about an ato. But I'm so glad you were able to save everything in your tank. Thank you for all of the help you have given me in the last 6 months you have helped me so much. I will be looking at new tanks!!

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Brian, I am sooooo sorry and now really worried!!! Been out of town and just now seeing this. We have hardwood floors and that's one reason I've been worried about an ato. But I'm so glad you were able to save everything in your tank. Thank you for all of the help you have given me in the last 6 months you have helped me so much. I will be looking at new tanks!!
Hi Chris, I haven't heard of anyone having problem with the 24/29/30 gallon systems so you should be on the safe side =)

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was offering me an IM SR80 (18 months old) for 800 including cabinet but I know they had issues with their 16's in the past so kind of worried. I just went to my LFS and they had RedSea Reefer 170, 250 and 350 in stock. They are offering me $450 credit for my replacement JBJ system towards the purchase and are willing to deliver and install the system for me.
Just not sure if I want to go that route, will need new skimmer, return pump, fuge light, new vortech pumps, etc etc

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chris, I haven't heard of anyone having problem with the 24/29/30 gallon systems so you should be on the safe side =)
Well it will give me that excuse for the "bigger" tank that I'm already wanting, lol :D

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any instances of this with the Biocubes? I have a 29 and this makes me a little nervous but I haven't heard of any.
I have been manufacturing glass tanks since a decade. This is usual scenario what we have experienced. Can say exact percentile of the tanks which are bent fail. But if you are considering to buying a new one, simply avoid them. Also as the OP state he was spot on with his stand and leveling. But do you consider warpage on those mass produce stands? Most of those stand are bout to warp over a period of time.
Don't panic, just check on your stand level and warpage beneath the tank. If everything alright, you might not face any problems. But problems is a relative term.
I'm not from the US. so considering a particular brand and their manufacturing process, im not versed to comment on.

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a floating base tank?
All the vertical panels rest on their bottom face. Means the vertical panels are caulked around the base. In a way the base is floating and all the sides are built around it.
I hope you understand what im trying to say.
English is not my first language.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the vertical panels rest on their bottom face. Means the vertical panels are caulked around the base. In a way the base is floating and all the sides are built around it.
I hope you understand what im trying to say.
English is not my first language.
Yes thank you for the reply. That makes sense to me.

Evoixjohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh man I feel your pain! Don't give up on the hobby Brian. But what the heck these tanks just keep breaking

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back