OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to thank @reefcleaners for working with me on my order. Sorry I had to cancel the order but as you can see, it was no longer needed.
Thanks for your quick response and refund.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro, that sucks so bad.
Hoping you hang around on R2R and in the future I'll see a new build from you.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am already itching (not ich) to start a new tank lol.

You know a 60G cube is only $150, drill it your self with a sexy ghost overflow and you'll back in no time.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was really hard going fallow for close to 80 days, care and treat all my fish, wait for my zoas to cover up the entire piece of rock...etc etc :(

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just contacted JBJ and they are going to send a replacement tank along with a new stand. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about other damages associated with the flood.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am so sorry bro!!! :(

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just contacted JBJ and they are going to send a replacement tank along with a new stand. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about other damages associated with the flood.

If you have homeowners ins you can claim it on that and I would be worried about the floor too.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry bro!!! :(
Thanks! I've decided to stick around, was told by JBJ that the new RL45 have 10mm glass rather than 8mm. Do I feel safer? not sure about that since it was ridiculously thin around the corner once I checked a little while ago.

20160713_123740.jpg

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have homeowners ins you can claim it on that and I would be worried about the floor too.
I think the floors are fine, it was about 15-20 gallon that went on the floor since I was able to collect most of the water coming out of the tank. Glad I was home when it all happened.

20160712_085346.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I've decided to stick around, was told by JBJ that the new RL45 have 10mm glass rather than 8mm. Do I feel safer? not sure about that since it was ridiculously thin around the corner once I checked a little while ago.

20160713_123740.jpg

I wouldn't trust another tank from them.
Can you ask for a refund?
In that case you can invest that in another brand aquarium.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't trust another tank from them.
Can you ask for a refund?
In that case you can invest that in another brand aquarium.
Haven't thought about asking for a refund. I highly doubt they will.
I would without a doubt go with a red sea reefer if they can issue credit

Jdc88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! Almost identical to my incident. Two months ago my jbj45 cracked at 3am. It woke me up and I was able to save all my livestock.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gopi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My JBJ45 cracked along the left front corner randomly after about a year so I feel you. I still havent replaced the tank but it will not be with a JBJ.
Hopefully your insurance will cover the laptop. Mine even covered the corals and seahorses lost.

Also, insurance took up the issue of refund with JBJ (they have the resources and time) but I haven't heard back about that. JBJ won't do anything if you used a stand other than theirs and/or didnt send in the warrantee paperwork if you go at them alone...

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, it is a design flaw for sure. As you can see in the picture, those corners are very slim after they heat it to bend. They said the new tanks comes with 10mm glass, which means another 1 to 1.25mm on those corners...not sure if that is going to make any difference.

20160713_123740.jpg

TherealplexiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Sorry for you loss..
I have made several glass aquarium till date, one thing i would prefer is to avoid bent glass tanks. When glass is heated for bending and put on a mold to take a form, the corner ie. radius on the bend stretches or is that the correct word. You know sort of wrinkles and of uneven thickness. It requires a specific radius and process to achieve a good bend (Which is not significant in high rate production job). That puts stress on that particular section. It just won't show instantly and can take couple of years to build and break the glass. I have had few of such experiences but those tanks were FW ones. So could easily offer to replace them.
Just my 0.2 cents.

God bless!

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Sorry for you loss..
I have made several glass aquarium till date, one thing i would prefer is to avoid bent glass tanks. When glass is heated for bending and put on a mold to take a form, the corner ie. radius on the bend stretches or is that the correct word. You know sort of wrinkles and of uneven thickness. It requires a specific radius and process to achieve a good bend (Which is not significant in high rate production job). That puts stress on that particular section. It just won't show instantly and can take couple of years to build and break the glass. I have had few of such experiences but those tanks were FW ones. So easily could offer to replace them.
Just my 0.2 cents.

God bless!
Thanks for the information

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back