Tank crash

mistb2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my 90gallon tank crashed after a 25% water change. New to the hobby with corals only. This is the 10th time my tank crashed. Before I had fish only and it was a nitrate spike. This time I decided to start off with lps and soft corals (mushrooms, torches, Kenya tree, favias and scans). I used R/O water not sure what went wrong. Any advice would help?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my 90gallon tank crashed after a 25% water change. New to the hobby with corals only. This is the 10th time my tank crashed. Before I had fish only and it was a nitrate spike. This time I decided to start off with lps and soft corals (mushrooms, torches, Kenya tree, favias and scans). I used R/O water not sure what went wrong. Any advice would help?
10th crash! I don’t think nitrate can spike although nitrite can make it appear so. Your gonna have to describe how you make your water in detail, how you check salinity, how you mix it, what salt, where does the RO come from, pic of your tank etc etc etc.
BTW, Welcome :)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Sorry for your losses. Like posts #2 & #3, more info please. Details of 'crash' and details on water parameters before and after crash. 10th crash sounds perhaps go slower. That's a lot of corals for someone self describing as 'new' - Glad you are hanging in there and still asking questions!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back