Tank cycle

  • Thread starter Thread starter DcoarM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DcoarM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a nano tank last week and threw some my sis in there to start the cycle. It has 5 lbs of live rock and 5 lbs of dead. I know u need to be patient with the cycle. I have 55 that is almost a year old. My parameters are the following.

Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Ammonia is 4.0 ppm
Ph 8.0
Salinaty is 1.026

Why would there not any nitrites? I have tested everyday and they all come out at 0ppm. Just concerned something is wrong.
 
You probaly don't have anything producing nitrate since the tank has only been setup a week. You need to cycle at least 6 weeks. Keep testiing the ammonia before adding any livestock
 
Okay, I dont plan on anything being added anytime soon. I am just worried why I have no nitrites.
 
You have a 55g? Why not take the water from that and add to the Nano? You wont even have a cycle then!
 
Looks like your at the very beginning of the cycle still. If you have another tank up and running, throw a rock from that tank in your new one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new