Tank cycling question

  • Thread starter Thread starter EZMAC114
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EZMAC114

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
31
Location
Lake Mary, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to start the cycle on my 180...I'm going to use shrimp for the cycle but was wondering how many I should use.
 
I personally didn't like the shrimp method, as I didn't get a high enough level of an ammonia reading I would've liked. That being said, I hope your a bachelor, cause the wife will hang you by your filter socks when she smells the shrimp! I used Ace Hardware commercial strength pure ammonia.
 
Fish food! Easy, cheap, and you'll use it when you have some fish...remember....take it slow...patience will pay off 10 fold if you do....suggestion, no corals for 6months and a fish or 2 (hardy ones) in 2-3 months...then 1 thing at a time....only 1 at a time will allow fluctuations in waste to be small and insignificant. Just my 2 cents though.
 
I had a big bag of half shelled clams. Just threw 3 In the display and 3 in the fuge. In my 110. Worked god
 
Fish food! Easy, cheap, and you'll use it when you have some fish...remember....take it slow...patience will pay off 10 fold if you do....suggestion, no corals for 6months and a fish or 2 (hardy ones) in 2-3 months...then 1 thing at a time....only 1 at a time will allow fluctuations in waste to be small and insignificant. Just my 2 cents though.

This cannot be stressed enough! Patience pays off in the end :)
 
I have no problem being patient...I still have my 55 setup to play with. I just wanted to get different ideas on ways to cycle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new