Tank mount for Mitras LX7 using Vervve mounts

AI Nero 5

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I wanted to share the way I mounted my new Mitras with the Vervve mounts. I ruled out the hanging kit and the Flex Mounts for various reasons. I think this turned out really well and honestly, I like it better over the other 2 options.

Hardware: The only thing extra that I needed to buy was these screws.
Longer screws needed to properly mount the Mitras with Vervve Mounts. These are from Home Depot - and perfect size/color.

The Vervve mounts come with 4 little black spacers. You can see that I used 2 on each screw (they are between the brace and the light frame).

The Vervve frame doesnt quite fit so I had to drill 2 holes into the brace in order to make it work. It's made of aluminum so it's really easy to drill through. Be careful b/c both the frame and the lights scratch easily. The only drawback to using the Vervve frame is that it's arms over hang the light a slight bit but as you can see it's not bad. For this reason, I was only going to make this a stop gap solution till I fashioned a more fitting frame (would just take one horizontal bar with 2 holes). However, I dont think it looks bad and for now, I'm happy!
@VJV, you wanted to see how it went, so what you think?

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hy dangros, unfortunately not sure why but I can't see the pictures... ??? Will check back when I get home on the PC. Thank you very much for sharing!

QT FISH