Tank mount for Mitras LX7 using Vervve mounts

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share the way I mounted my new Mitras with the Vervve mounts. I ruled out the hanging kit and the Flex Mounts for various reasons. I think this turned out really well and honestly, I like it better over the other 2 options.

Hardware: The only thing extra that I needed to buy was these screws.
Longer screws needed to properly mount the Mitras with Vervve Mounts. These are from Home Depot - and perfect size/color.

The Vervve mounts come with 4 little black spacers. You can see that I used 2 on each screw (they are between the brace and the light frame).

The Vervve frame doesnt quite fit so I had to drill 2 holes into the brace in order to make it work. It's made of aluminum so it's really easy to drill through. Be careful b/c both the frame and the lights scratch easily. The only drawback to using the Vervve frame is that it's arms over hang the light a slight bit but as you can see it's not bad. For this reason, I was only going to make this a stop gap solution till I fashioned a more fitting frame (would just take one horizontal bar with 2 holes). However, I dont think it looks bad and for now, I'm happy!
@VJV, you wanted to see how it went, so what you think?

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hy dangros, unfortunately not sure why but I can't see the pictures... ??? Will check back when I get home on the PC. Thank you very much for sharing!

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share the way I mounted my new Mitras with the Vervve mounts. I ruled out the hanging kit and the Flex Mounts for various reasons. I think this turned out really well and honestly, I like it better over the other 2 options.

Hardware: The only thing extra that I needed to buy was these screws.
Longer screws needed to properly mount the Mitras with Vervve Mounts. These are from Home Depot - and perfect size/color.

The Vervve mounts come with 4 little black spacers. You can see that I used 2 on each screw (they are between the brace and the light frame).

The Vervve frame doesnt quite fit so I had to drill 2 holes into the brace in order to make it work. It's made of aluminum so it's really easy to drill through. Be careful b/c both the frame and the lights scratch easily. The only drawback to using the Vervve frame is that it's arms over hang the light a slight bit but as you can see it's not bad. For this reason, I was only going to make this a stop gap solution till I fashioned a more fitting frame (would just take one horizontal bar with 2 holes). However, I dont think it looks bad and for now, I'm happy!
@VJV, you wanted to see how it went, so what you think?
Hi, there whilst your post is some time ago I hope you are able to help me here. Considering following your suggestion using the Verve Mounts but just want to know if it is possible to use the mounts and have the Mitras the other way round ie with the display showing on the front with the light length parallel to the sides.
Also what size is the aquarium please?
Many thanks

Derek

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back