Tank Parameters

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to make sure I am on the right track and get feedback if I could change something for the better or keep doing what I am doing.

I feed the BTA a piece of shrimp every 3 days. Dose MB+ as well

75 gallon with a 25 gallon sump

Coral/Anemone:
2 Hammer’s
4 Zoa’s
Rainbow BTA
Frogspawn (not doing well)

Fish:
Tomini Tang
Pair of clowns
Midas Blenny
Lawnmower Blenny
Watchman Goby
Purple Firefish
Green War Paint Goby

0726562B-068E-46D6-805C-140115664A99.jpeg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good except that nitrate is looking pretty low. If that is in ppm .40 is low. I would look to get that up to about 5-10 ppm and go from there. The zoas and lps will appreciate it and will definitely be happier, puffier, and color up more.

OP
OP
C

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good except that nitrate is looking pretty low. If that is in ppm .40 is low. I would look to get that up to about 5-10 ppm and go from there. The zoas and lps will appreciate it and will definitely be happier, puffier, and color up more.
Yes - that is .40 for nitrates. It was 2 last week, just did water change today. It could be skewed a bit as I do have some GHA. Not a ton… what would be the best way to increase

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - that is .40 for nitrates. It was 2 last week, just did water change today. It could be skewed a bit as I do have some GHA. Not a ton… what would be the best way to increase
I would go crazy and increase like crazy and chase a certain number.

But just slowly increase your feeding or if you are doing a water change say every 2 weeks, change that to 3 weeks and see how it goes. There isnt a magical number with nitrates and phosphates that you want to be at. 5-10 is a good range but its all about finding the sweet spot for all your corals to be happy as well as not creating too much algae and maintenance for yourself.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back