Tank progress month 4

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so my tank has been up 4 months. It’s my first ever reef and saltwater aquarium. I’ve learned a lot of things along the way and have researched heavily before setting my tank up. So far everything is going great, I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 and love it. Although I wish I had gone a little bigger maybe a 20 gallon or 25 gallon. Coral truly is an addiction and love watching it grow and change in my tank. I have made a couple of upgrades to my tank such as, added power head, upgraded the pump, I run chemi pure nano and purigen in chamber one of my fluval, chamber 2 I turned into a refugium I am growing cheato and it’s been really going good. Tons of pods in my tank which I think is amazing and also have micro brissle star fish. So anyway here are pics of my tank. I bought life rock that was 100% dried so no critters but even with that I have had tons of luck with coraline algae, it’s really been taking off. Also upgraded the light for obv. reasons to the AI prime HD. So here are some pics
e322f1be995daa7ce6fbba7b79793822.jpg
0243457c8f41859f6abbba68c7b7cfe8.jpg
b8bb6538ee87d3958ab24059f3dda1be.jpg
it’s really been great having this tank and look forward to learning tons more and getting a bigger tank once I move again to a more permanent home. Thanks to this community for helping me on any questions it has been so helpful and being able to read thru this forum has been so important for the success of my tank.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this tank? You gave up countertop space for it, or is it another area of the home???

Looks great!

Edit: Mount that power-strip on the underside of that cabinet. Looks clean already, but that would be really nice!

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank...Great progress for 4 month.

OP
OP
Robg139

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yea it’s in the dining room and the countertop doesn’t get used at all it only for the fish tank. Yes I appreciate that I want to get that out of the way. It’s just right now I’m living at my moms house just moved back in to save money to buy a house but can’t take it anymore so going to get another apartment lol once you move out it’s hard to go back home. I’m still young so it’s not weird lol but looking for my own apartment right now so don’t want to do anything to her cabinets.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back