Tank rebuild!

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of rebuilding my tank 48x30x20! I want to make sure that i cut no corners this time and everything is %100 how i want it. I know there are some smart engineers on here, so i have some questions for you guys.
When building the stand, my dad and i didn't think about the hinges for the doors or support for my sump!!!***!
I am going to be cutting the front supports off and the rear-side supports for my hindges to fit. We are going to weld caps over them and supports on the bottom then paint the whole stand. For you engineers or just smart people with experience, will the one set of side and back supports be enough for the tank?

Front cuts.

Back side braces will be cut for my side doors.

All the input i can get Tonight would be great ( this is going to be done tomorrow)! Thanks for the help and i will keep you all updated with the progress. The stand skin is turning out nice! :third: for my poor planning!

Last edited:

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stands integrity to displace weight with the supports will be lost. The weight will be left on the frame its self to support. Also by how it looks you may find after cutting there will be a sway to the stand. The supports hold it square so it does not warp under weight, I see no reason to cut them mount your doors a bit out and put stoppers in.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why use hinges? Why not make panels with magnets and use stand as magnetic base that way the full panel can be removed and allow full access

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back