Tank suggestions

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m getting ready to start new build and really like all these cubes I’ve been looking at. So cube it’s gonna be. I’ve been purchasing equip. For it but haven’t pulled the trigger on actual tank yet. Originally was looking at the 93 gal from Marineland, but 24x24 is gonna be a better fit where I’ll be putting it. So the one I’ve been looking hard at is the 24x24x24 60 gal rimless starfire from aquamaxx. I like that there is no internal overflow to scape around but haven’t seen anyone using them or really any reviews. So anyone have experience with this tank, or something similar. Thanks.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m getting ready to start new build and really like all these cubes I’ve been looking at. So cube it’s gonna be. I’ve been purchasing equip. For it but haven’t pulled the trigger on actual tank yet. Originally was looking at the 93 gal from Marineland, but 24x24 is gonna be a better fit where I’ll be putting it. So the one I’ve been looking hard at is the 24x24x24 60 gal rimless starfire from aquamaxx. I like that there is no internal overflow to scape around but haven’t seen anyone using them or really any reviews. So anyone have experience with this tank, or something similar. Thanks.
I don't have experience with those. My preference in that size tank would be the 24"x24"x20" such as the one offered by SCA.
https://www.amazon.com/Starfire-Aqu...F8&qid=1523979289&sr=1-1&keywords=SCA+50&th=1

It does have the internal overflow, but the size seems reasonable in this system. They will also custom make tanks at a reasonable cost so you could have one designed to use an external overflow.
They made my 187g custom for a synergy overflow. This was one of the approval drawings.
key3D.352.jpg

Quality wasn't perfect, but it was a great value in my opinion.

OP
OP
Bmasculine

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply I have looked at their tanks, but I think I’ll be the guinea pig on the aquamaxx. I like that it is starfire glass and a true cube. I will have it drilled for the synergy overflow. I did find a youtube video on an aquamaxx tank not the same as the one I’m looking at, but the build quality looked nice. I will let y’all know when I start my build. Hopefully soon. Also I like building my own stands and it does not void warranty, so that’s a plus. I’ll probably start stand this weekend.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back