Tank Suggestions

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks - so originally was going to do a tank that was not a AIO or Sump - but after some reading through and realizing for long term it would be wiser to get a tank with a sump for more stability issues. With this being said, I have been looking into the Waterbox as well Red Sea. Kinda of like Red Sea 350 and like Marine X kind of tank for Waterbox. But of course I have read some good as well negative issues with both companies tanks. So are there other tanks I should also put in consideration - I know Waterbox has like a 4-6 weeks wait time, Red Sea - I could get it by the end of the week. But want to look into all options - Im basically looking for like a maybe 75 gallon tank (not including the sump).

So any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Have a great one!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize you want to hear from Red Sea and Waterbox owners but here is some feedback from a Aqueon & Marineland owner: I WISH

NEVER will I buy another off the shelf fish tank ...
...and get as large a tank as practical...best wishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are some good tank manufacturing companies out there. Some are really impressive but then so is the price tag. I looked at both RS and WB to me the two were very different. RS is not a bad tank but in a side by side (which I did) the WB was far and wide the best quality of the two.

I had to wait for mint but it was well worth the wait!!

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine. All of their tanks have a matching APC stand. The stands are made of aluminum and are very strong and are impervious to water. The tanks are very well made as well!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Waterbox, innovative marine seem to be best bets as of late

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine!!

I’ve been eyeing a 75-100G tank and have looked between redsea waterbox and Innovative Marine. Here’s what swayed me towards IM over the other two.

IM 100G ext
Bean animal overflow (easy to quite and still have emergency drain)
Give more depth to tank at 23”
Can get a customized sump
Can do you own pluming
Needs separate ato giving room to have a larger ATO Reservoir

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said that you are going to pass on an aio tank but if this is your first reef ever I would recommend the 32 led biocube a sump can be added if you wish and you can always go big later down the road my old setups main was a 125 before my kid wiped it out but we won't talk about that I have to say I love my little biocube they are good entry level tanks and you won't get overwhelmed trying to source lights equitment etc but if this is not your first tank then id say go as big as you can hehe i love the dimensions of 75s and 125s whatever you get make sure it has front to back depth to it otherwise it becomes very limited in what can be done and in my opinion looks 2 dimensional

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine. All of their tanks have a matching APC stand. The stands are made of aluminum and are very strong and are impervious to water. The tanks are very well made as well!
I’m building my IM 150 INT system right now. It is the best built tank I have ever seen.

OP
OP
J

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks - thank you to all of you who posted ideas and suggestions and as result I pulled the trigger on Innovation Marine AIO 40g tank! This tank will probably go on my office and thus being my first saltwater tank - felt it was a good buy and opportunity that will allow me to learn/grow with the tank before I go "BIGGER".

PXL_20200929_202815274.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back